Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Pie Awards

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somebody with the same view as me as I find them too dry and think they should have more gravy in them but it is all a case of personal choice and taste.
Of course it's down to personal taste.

But to complain about Piglets when you think what the other options are, seems a little churlish.

I think they are great, quality, taste, variation, etc.

If we were a 'pukka/John Smiths' stadium, i wouldn't eat and drink a thing.

Like them or not Piglets and Harveys should be celebrated.

Of course it's down to personal taste.

But to complain about Piglets when you think what the other options are, seems a little churlish.

I think they are great, quality, taste, variation, etc.

If we were a 'pukka/John Smiths' stadium, i wouldn't eat and drink a thing.

Like them or not Piglets and Harveys should be celebrated.

Can't see why it's churlish.

It's obvious that the vast majority of people love the pies, that goes without saying but just because I and a few others don't doesn't mean we can't voice that on a thread about the pies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't see why it's churlish.

It's obvious that the vast majority of people love the pies, that goes without saying but just because I and a few others don't doesn't mean we can't voice that on a thread about the pies.

I did struggle for the right word, I guess churlish was still too strong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In all honesty I havent bought one at the club as I went to Shoreham and bought a couple direct and wasnt impressed so havent ventured to buy one at the ground but I suppose I should but I have better things to spend the money on, unfortunately not as regards food at The Amex. The availability of food and drink at The Amex and the choice is one area that I am personally disappointed with but I am in a minority so I accept that as part of life.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are made that way so they can be eaten without getting messy. If they had lots of gravy you'd need a plate and a knife and fork.
There's a fair few forkists in the East.

I just can't work out how they are able to cram their little fat faces quick enough, using a fork.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The availability of food and drink at The Amex and the choice is one area that I am personally disappointed with but I am in a minority so I accept that as part of life.

Serious question here but what were you expecting and are there any clubs you've been to in all your years of watching the Albion that have met those expectations?

Football grub is universally rubbish from the microwave burgers at Southampton, Luton etc to the hot as the sun pies at Orient or the burger van next to the loos as with Pompey and Watford.

I've had a great pie at Northampton and a lovely pasty at Plymouth but overall I can't think of anywhere offering the choice that you get at the Amex. Just a shame you can't get the Withdean chips or bacon roll but that's a very minor gripe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Serious question here but what were you expecting and are there any clubs you've been to in all your years of watching the Albion that have met those expectations?

Football grub is universally rubbish from the microwave burgers at Southampton, Luton etc to the hot as the sun pies at Orient or the burger van next to the loos as with Pompey and Watford.

I've had a great pie at Northampton and a lovely pasty at Plymouth but overall I can't think of anywhere offering the choice that you get at the Amex. Just a shame you can't get the Withdean chips or bacon roll but that's a very minor gripe.
Kind of the point I was trying to make earlier.

Even if I hated Piglet's and Harvey's I'd still applaud the club for actually going the extra mile to bring the local products into the local stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here