Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] International Success for Kellie

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
kellie-larkin-lead229-791771_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:00 25th April 2013
Albion Centre of Excellence defender Kellie Larkin was selected to play for England in the International Under-17 UEFA Girls’ football tournament in Madrid this month.
Proudly wearing the number 3 England shirt for the very first time, Kellie had been training intensely for the tournament and this month was able to realise her dream to play for her country against France, Turkey and Spain at La Ciudad de Futbol de las Rozas, Madrid.
Kellie was selected for two full games against Turkey and Spain plus 20 minutes of the match against France. A 2-0 win against Turkey was a magnificent end to her two weeks with the England squad.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I felt so proud and honoured to be representing England and Brighton & Hove Albion in Spain and singing the National Anthem is a feeling I don't think anyone can explain.
“The next few months are going to be hard trying to juggle my GCSE exams and my football dreams but I am ready for it and long may it continue. I’m loving it."
Kellie has also been invited to an international testing and training camp at St. George's Park during May with a chance to be selected for the squad to go to Iceland in June.
The year will culminate with the Under-17s European Finals which is being hosted by England during November and December. The Under-17s World Cup will be hosted by Costa Rica during 2014.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here