Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spartacus

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anybody watch the series that's just finished on sky 1? Absolutely epic and a future classic IMO!! If you liked Rome on BBC, you'll love this!

Gonna grab it on DVD soon and watch them all again

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Anybody watch the series that's just finished on sky 1? Absolutely epic and a future classic IMO!! If you liked Rome on BBC, you'll love this!

Haven't watched the new series but enjoyed the last 2.

Very different from Rome IMO though, apart from the obvious historical setting.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can I just be the first to say I'm Spartacus? Thanks.

Caught a few episodes and thought that it had been scripted and directed by 15 year old adolescents in view of the healthy dose of both graphic violence and nudity, frequently at the same time.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Nothing like Rome, but unbeleivable in it's own way.

Gutted it's finished to be honest. There are rumours that they are planning a spin off series involving Ceasar and Crassus. Would watch it, but it would never be as good without the Gladiators.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Rome was amazing. Been meaning to check this out for ages. Thanks for the reminder!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nothing like Rome, but unbeleivable in it's own way.

Gutted it's finished to be honest. There are rumours that they are planning a spin off series involving Ceasar and Crassus. Would watch it, but it would never be as good without the Gladiators.

No, it wouldn't, I quite liked Ceasar, but your right, whole point of the series was the brutality, and ass kicking! It was insane

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The last episode was epic IMO. A lot of people giving the way they killed off Gannicus a bit of flack, but I thought it was done perfectly. When he was hallucinating that he was back in the arena and he let out his roar was hairs on the back of your neck stuff. He nearly stole the show over the course of the 3 seasons he was in - well Gods of the Arena he was the bollocks anyway.

Nice touch at the end of the credits to have the original Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) appear the end saying I Am Spartacus. RIP

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The last episode was epic IMO. A lot of people giving the way they killed off Gannicus a bit of flack, but I thought it was done perfectly. When he was hallucinating that he was back in the arena and he let out his roar was hairs on the back of your neck stuff. He nearly stole the show over the course of the 3 seasons he was in - well Gods of the Arena he was the bollocks anyway.

Nice touch at the end of the credits to have the original Spartacus (Andy Whitfield) appear the end saying I Am Spartacus. RIP

Exactly that!!

The series is extremely well written with alot of fantastic acting in it! Obviously there's alot of sex and violence, but I'm not complaining!

I wasn't sure about Liam McIntyre when he took over, but by the 3rd series I was a converter! Need the box set now

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Gonna grab it on DVD soon and watch them all again[/QUOTE,

No I won't. While Rome was right on the nose historically, Spartacus is almost insulting in its complete disregard for historical authenticity. In a country like the US (god help we never get there) these programmes pretty much teach the kids history.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Watched the first episode form the first season and loved it!

The guy who replaced Andy Whitfield had massive boots to fill but he was just as good as him! Quite nice touch at the end to put Andy in the credits screaming from the Arena: I AM SPARTACUS!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

No I won't. While Rome was right on the nose historically, Spartacus is almost insulting in its complete disregard for historical authenticity. In a country like the US (god help we never get there) these programmes pretty much teach the kids history.

I can't help but think you're missing the point

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom

It does stick to history in some places, others, obviously made for TV, but there are worse programmes less historically correct! Plus it's great fun

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
Epic series from the start! Gutted about Whitfield but McIntyre really stepped into his shoes well!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
mind you had to shield my screen when watching it on the train as there where a few racy bits - the bloody bits where fine - but didnt want to upset mr grey hair on the train :eek: :)

I remember a scene from the second series after Spartacus and his crew go on rampages, a man was being thrusted by a woman with a strap on, next thing you know, his heads chopped off :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here