Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 7th Charity Golf Day - Support the Charity Golf Day, even if you don’t play golf

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
This is for all golfers and non-golfers. I’d like to announce that the seventh REMF Charity Golf Day will take place on Friday 28th June at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling. This promises to be better than ever and we need everyone’s support. It doesn’t matter if you’re an NSC “old-timer” or new to this site, you will be welcomed if you can give your support.

Anyone entering the competition is guaranteed a great day. Just ask those from NSC who have played in previous REMF Charity Golf days. Any standard of golf is acceptable. If you can’t make up a 4-ball, then let me know, as there will be others in a similar position and I’m quite happy to put golfers together to create the teams. This includes Dave the Gaffer, (alias Granny Weatherwax).
The format is similar to previous years. On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. There are superb individual and team trophies, for the winners and the runners up. There are further trophies and prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes and a “Longest Drive”. On top of this, there will also be a prize on every hole! Even if your 4-ball is not having a very good round, you’ve still got up to the eighteenth hole to grab a prize.

Following the golf, all entrants will sit down to an excellent 4 course meal, after which will come the presentations and raffle. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes so come and have some of it. There is also an auction with at least 2 memorable items available.

So how can you support the day?

First, by entering the competition as a four ball will only cost £60 per person. This is great value as can be seen from above.
Second, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We should also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage.
Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

We hope to have a certain celebrity entering as well, but more about that later.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either pm me, (Woodingdean Gull), through NSC, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461 any time.
(If you’ve posted on a “Golf” thread recently, be prepared to receive a pm from me).

Tony

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
BOING

This is a fantastic day out guys, a not to be missed annual event.

Would be good to see more Palace there?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oops...must get ours in. Kev and Stewart are confirming this saturday and BIG DAVE has confirmed.

Let you know Saturday Tony

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi Tony,

Stick me down for 2 defo's and 2 possibles, TBC next couple of days. I'll take a hole as well (oh err Missus!).

Thanks,

Tim

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good morning Tony, Four of us as usual. I've emailed you from a different email address for an entry form.

Wouldn't miss it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I will make this a sticky seeing as there is only a few weeks left to the Tee off time! good luck to all playing have a great day and I know you will raise plenty of money for a great cause :clap:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Needs a crazy golf version, for the less posh!

I'm aware of the reputation, but I've ever met anyone playing golf I would describe as posh or even pretentious. I would encourage to go to this event though, whatever the standard,it's a great day on a nice course

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How are we doing for numbers, do we need to start arm twisting? (BTW not posh)

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here