Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon Tennis Tickets

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just wondering if anyone has been in the last few years WITH tickets? and if so did you have to show any ID at the gate?

basically i've won tickets in the ballot but want to swap the pair with someone else i know who has a pair on another day. I know they are strict and official terms say you can't give to friends but do they actually implement this..don't really want a wasted day to be turned away at the gate.

Thanks

The wife has been every year for about 6 years now doing the Public Ballot, she even had tickets for the Federer/Nadal final.

In the last 2 years they have got very hot on ID.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
been to Wimbledon a lot but haven't had a ticket through ballot for ages. Do you have to go through a certain gate? suppose if a real jobs worth wanted ID you could just try another gate?

pretty sure loads of people give mates and family tickets so should be fine

D

Deleted member 18477

Do any tickets go on general sale?

Had a look on the site and the ballot closed in December.

I think you have to queue each day to get tickets... They save about 500ish for centre, court 1 and the other main court for each day apart from the last 4 days I believe... So you need to be in the queue pretty early - hence why some people camp out over night!

Feb 3, 2013
I think you have to queue each day to get tickets... They save about 500ish for centre, court 1 and the other main court for each day apart from the last 4 days I believe... So you need to be in the queue pretty early - hence why some people camp out over night!

I'll be willing to do that 'Camping' but only got an 8 man tent. Are they strict on camping spaces?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll be willing to do that 'Camping' but only got an 8 man tent. Are they strict on camping spaces?

So long as your 7 friends all have valid id you'll be fine.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

you camp in rows in the park and get a queue card with your number when you join it

i wasn't ID'd when bought ballot tickets off someone

wasn't even searched when i got semi tickets last year

Feb 3, 2013
you camp in rows in the park and get a queue card with your number when you join it

i wasn't ID'd when bought ballot tickets off someone

wasn't even searched when i got semi tickets last year

Sounds good at the moment but what sort of prices are you looking at paying?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

around 40-50 quid for main showcourts first few days

problem is loads of those matches are a bit uncompetitive but decent if you've never been

i think my camping days are over now after doing the last 15 or so years

you can end up knackered all day if you struggle to sleep so would rather just get up there for around 8am and get a groundpass for 20 quid and be in for the start of play at 12

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
around 40-50 quid for main showcourts first few days

problem is loads of those matches are a bit uncompetitive but decent if you've never been

i think my camping days are over now after doing the last 15 or so years

you can end up knackered all day if you struggle to sleep so would rather just get up there for around 8am and get a groundpass for 20 quid and be in for the start of play at 12

spot on. camping was brilliant fun when young but can really catch up with you! 2 years ago i was on TV out cold asleep during a match on Centre after sleeping for 2 hours the night before.

thing is if you want Centre or Court 1 i'd say you need to be in the queue by midnight first week, 9pm middle Saturday.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
spot on. camping was brilliant fun when young but can really catch up with you! 2 years ago i was on TV out cold asleep during a match on Centre after sleeping for 2 hours the night before.

thing is if you want Centre or Court 1 i'd say you need to be in the queue by midnight first week, 9pm middle Saturday.

haha i'd have loved to get 2 hours sleep! it was only about 5 years i got a tent so we'd just stand around all night and often freeze

fallen asleep plenty of times during play :blush:

D

Deleted member 18477

I read somewhere you can only pay in cash if you queue. Might be worth checking out as well!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just swap credit cards so you can show that as ID being the card used to purchase the tickets.

As a member of a tennis club we hold an internal ballot and those who win these tickets have to sign a form to say we will not pass them onto anybody else, if it is found out then the club would lose its entire allocation in future. This is however designed to stop people selling their tickets on ebay. I know that those trying to sell non-debenture tickets on ebay are threatened by Wimbledon's solicitors.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just swap credit cards so you can show that as ID being the card used to purchase the tickets.

As a member of a tennis club we hold an internal ballot and those who win these tickets have to sign a form to say we will not pass them onto anybody else, if it is found out then the club would lose its entire allocation in future. This is however designed to stop people selling their tickets on ebay. I know that those trying to sell non-debenture tickets on ebay are threatened by Wimbledon's solicitors.

i've noticed that the only tickets available online are Debenture ones.

yeah i've won through the work/club ballot but want to swap with a colleague who got hers through her club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here