Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey

kevhome2

Jan 20, 2010
I have to say it's great that Pompey are now in League two where they deserve to be. They had success they didn't deserve, living beyond their means, lording it in the Premiership, winning the FA cup and playing in the UEFA cup. Teams like BHA had to settle for our lot, playing in League one etc, living on a budget, not getting the glory and the coverage and teams like us can't say we've won the FA cup.
So it's right that Pompey have to now put up with hardship. Pompey are rivals but don't get me wrong I don't want to see them go under and look forward to them meeting BHA again in whichever league. And to their fans, it's not their fault and BHA fans know what hardship is like in football.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I have to say it's great that Pompey are now in League two where they deserve to be. They had success they didn't deserve, living beyond their means, lording it in the Premiership, winning the FA cup and playing in the UEFA cup. Teams like BHA had to settle for our lot, playing in League one etc, living on a budget, not getting the glory and the coverage and teams like us can't say we've won the FA cup.
So it's right that Pompey have to now put up with hardship. Pompey are rivals but don't get me wrong I don't want to see them go under and look forward to them meeting BHA again in whichever league. And to their fans, it's not their fault and BHA fans know what hardship is like in football.

They will go into admin again,should have been kicked out of the F L

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see the new owners have already talked about them having a competitive playing budget for next season. Watch them bring in players this summer on big wages and the same thing happen all over again.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They should've started next season with the 10 point deduction - it's a farce!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Next season they will sign players that even Championship sides couldnt afford and nobody will raise an eyebrow and then walk the division. 3 years time they will be back knocking on the door to The Premier League and still not paying their way..

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
There are two English clubs which believe that they are outside the norm as far as football goes- Liverpool, who think that their players should never be punished for any misdemeanours, and Portsmouth, who believe that the normal rules of financial solvency should apply to every club but themselves.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I see the new owners have already talked about them having a competitive playing budget for next season. Watch them bring in players this summer on big wages and the same thing happen all over again.

Will FFP not scupper this to an extent? Or is it not down to L2 next season?

el punal

I'm not so sure that they will have a competitive playing budget. In order to purchase Fratton Park they took a loan from the city council of £1m +, to be paid back within, I believe, 12 months.

On top of that the actual running costs of the club, players wages, and any outstanding debts, have to be paid. With the close season almost on us there will be no attendance revenue until August.

I think they will struggle for some time, not dissimilar to us when we were at Gillingham and Withdean.

IF they do have the right people in charge ( I mean genuine Pompey fans) then I wish them all the best. A case of watch this space.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They should've started next season with the 10 point deduction - it's a farce!
I didn't realise they'd been let off the 10 points (assuming they've been given them now, it's the same thing). What a joke.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not sure they will knock on the door for the Premier League for a long while. They may well rise quickly, but will the money men touch them again? Their ground is a shitpit and there is no chance of a new ground for a long time. I reckon they have had their fun and will return to how they were before Mandaric bought them some success. I.e. a run of the mill league side.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I've lost track of what's going on down there, but don't they still have one more parachute payment cheque to cash?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here