Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25,000 behind goal at Dortmund all standing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did I see fences to stop anyone "escaping" on to the pitch?
Bad memories. No thanks..

That terrace at Dortmund is nothing like the old English terraces at all.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Amazing.

56876940.jpg

Now that is very impressive, great club, great kit and I hope they get through and beat the german version of Manchester United Bayern Munich.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't want to stand at football though.

Am I allowed to say that?

Er, yes. Where has anyone suggested that every part of the stadium should be standing? Two thirds of it shouldn't be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This incredible production line of players they have at the moment are a product of that

The production line is quite shocking to be honest.

Meanwhile england are very much playing catch up, after years of heel dragging

Playing catch up? Given the dates I presume you mean the England national team? IMHO they have not even stopped the rot yet. The FA and the Premier League and the Football League need to get together for the greater good if anything is to change. And this will not happen for a long long time. You'll probably need something drastic like the Sky going bust before anything will change. England will continue to produce mainly sub-standard and technical inferior players for years all the while 3 different bodies pull in different directions and short-termism rules.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Of course. I do not like standing at football either but I feel strongly it should be an option for those which do.

Of course. I do not like standing at football either but I feel strongly it should be an option for those which do.

Yes, your quite right. I see no reason why safe standing cannot be implemented for those who wish it.

Tinpot Man.

Apr 14, 2013
Patcham.
I understand at those who do not wish to stand at fooball. But for me its great. Creats a better atmosphere and gewts alot more people incolved...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Nothing in this country will change whilst the premier league has so much power. In terms of infrastructure the Germans are absolute light years ahead of us now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now the Spanish bubble has burst should Gus be looking to our Teutonic cousins for next season? I guess we could get away with Ashley Bahn-es and Craig Mick-Heil Hitler Smith but I feel we need some real Germans in the side. I liked the idea of signing that bloke called The Hammer.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

As long as you understand that this marks you out as not being 'true' fan.

Everyone's entitled to watch the game as they wish, but if it doesn't involve you standing up and bellowing for the entire 90 minutes then you're doing it wrong.

For future reference, you can also get bonus 'True fan' points by complaining constantly about stewards trying to do their job, after all, you pay for your ticket, why shouldn't you be allowed to do what you want, when you want?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now the Spanish bubble has burst should Gus be looking to our Teutonic cousins for next season? I guess we could get away with Ashley Bahn-es and Craig Mick-Heil Hitler Smith but I feel we need some real Germans in the side. I liked the idea of signing that bloke called The Hammer.

Pedant alert. The Hammer was Austrian.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I understand at those who do not wish to stand at fooball. But for me its great. Creats a better atmosphere and gewts alot more people incolved...

I agree with you but I can never fully understand this case for standing being a better atmosphere. I have been a lots of all-seater stadia and the atmosphere is fantastic. Take the Champions League semis we have just watched...all seater but incredible atmospheres. The vast majority of fans wear colours and a significant number all ways sing irrespective of seats. It's in your heads, not in the lack of standing areas.

Sack Gus and get in Rosler, pronto.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pedant alert. The Hammer was Austrian.

? He was born in Munich and has 50 plus caps for Germany. That's a reasonable case for being German in my book :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here