Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IPad Data can you recover it?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I think I might have deleted a very much wanted text file. It might have been written in pages or in a third party app. Can I get it back and how easy is it. Thanks in advance.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton

What a clever man you must be. For your information I have drawn a blank and was hoping that an intelligent NSC person might help me unfortunately I obviously didn't get a reply from one of the intellegient people I had hoped for. Nevertheless, your clever remark did make me think and I thank you for that. I have had some great advice from some people on here regarding business and with specifics. There are really two types of people on here. The clever ones and the ones that make clever remarks.

I would like to thank you once again it must be great to have such an insight.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
What a clever man you must be. For your information I have drawn a blank and was hoping that an intelligent NSC person might help me unfortunately I obviously didn't get a reply from one of the intellegient people I had hoped for. Nevertheless, your clever remark did make me think and I thank you for that. I have had some great advice from some people on here regarding business and with specifics. There are really two types of people on here. The clever ones and the ones that make clever remarks.

I would like to thank you once again it must be great to have such an insight.
No problem dude

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
No problem dude

still struggling with the above despite Cypriot Seagulls helpful comment. Can some one please restore my faith in the NSC Users as I stated earler I was hoping to get some one intelligent to help. Unfortunately only Cypriot has replied so far.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thank you Bozza Unfortunately I backed up to a PC and not the cloud. Will have a look. This is proving harder than I thought.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thank you Bozza Unfortunately I backed up to a PC and not the cloud. Will have a look. This is proving harder than I thought.

Could you not restore the backup to get your file back? Or had you not backed up with that particular file onboard?

I'm sure you may have already thought of this, but sometimes the obvious is not, well, obvious!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thanks Clipped. I thought I was backing up to the Cloud like my iPhone now find out I wasn't.
I must say Apple don't make it easy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Clipped. I thought I was backing up to the Cloud like my iPhone now find out I wasn't.

I think that's a bit unfair. (I would say that wouldn't I?)

If you delete a file on a PC or Mac you get a third party undelete tool to try and resolve the problem. Have you tried an iPad undelete tool like the one I linked to yet?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

If you've backed it up to your PC via iTunes that it should keep incremental backups. If you take a back up of your current setup. Then go restore backup it should offer you the chance to restore from an older backup (in my case I have backups going back as far as October last year). Restore from an old backup, get your file and then restore again from the most latest backup.

If not you can mount it as a disk and use undelete software as Bozza suggests.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just to add if you have other stuff on there you want, I would back that up before playing with an un-delete tools.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thank you Bozza. I did try the recover tool that you linked to as I did not realise it was linked. The tool is amazing but unfortunately the dat Im looking for was not recoved but thank you all for your advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here