Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes: Now let's do it again [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Barnes: Now let's do it again[/h]5:00pm Wednesday 24th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2417532.jpg
Ashley Barnes scored twice on his return from suspension last Saturday. Picture by Russ Kirby
Ashley Barnes has challenged Albion to stage a repeat response to a big home win.
Barnes scored twice on his comeback from suspension in Saturday’s 6-1 thrashing of Blackpool at The Amex.
The result upstaged the Seagulls’ previous biggest victory at the stadium, the 5-1 annihilation of Barnsley in August, when Barnes was also on target twice.
Gus Poyet’s promotion chasers reeled off four straight wins after that and a carbon-copy sequence now would carry them through to the Championship play-off final at Wembley on May 27.
Barnes said: “The last time we beat someone with a high score was Barnsley at the start and we went on not a bad run. If we can do that now then that would be brilliant.
“You need to keep going, keep together and get the wins. You can’t count your chickens. We have got to get back into training and work hard again.”
Barnes would relish an opportunity to play with Leo Ulloa at Leeds on Saturday after replacing the rested Argentinian for the Blackpool rout.
He said: “It was fantastic just to play as the main man. You could see a few rusty touches I had but that’s football. Luckily enough it went for me.
“Obviously, I would liked to have played with him (Ulloa). He’s a fantastic player and what he has done for this club so far since he has been here has been phenomenal.”
l Albion have sold an extra 400 season tickets since they went on general sale straight after Saturday’s 6-1 win against Blackpool at The Amex. The Seagulls expect to have a record-breaking 23,000-plus season ticket holders when they kick-off the new season in August.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here