Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the key to our success this season?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Without a doubt for me, its been our back 5, the whole team has played well together and goals have come from all over the pitch.

I just hope that, if we dont go up this season, we can keep this defensive unit together next season. If we do we should make one hell of a push for promotion with the current squad we have, not to mention and special additions Gus might have up his sleave.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Without a doubt for me, its been our back 5, the whole team has played well together and goals have come from all over the pitch.

What you said.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

I just hope that, if we dont go up this season, we can keep this defensive unit together next season. If we do we should make one hell of a push for promotion with the current squad we have, not to mention and special additions Gus might have up his sleave.

Dave

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The building blocks were put in place last summer by signing the PIG, Bridge and Bruno....and then further strengthening a mean defence by adding Upson.

But the real difference for me has been the creativity and goals of Orlandi and Spanish Dave. They have made all the difference and then there is Len....we (Gus) have really found some gems since last season.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I would agree - but lump in Bridcutt too - the back 6 have been brilliant.

I also agree with your point about goals coming from all over the pitch - Spanish Dave and Orlandi have been vitally important in weighing in with a few goals.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think it's the real quality players who started slowly on joining us coming into consistent brilliance. I'm thinking particularly of Orlandi and Dave. Remember when we were bemoaning a lack of goals from the midfield? They've come to the fore in that respect. Buckley has got stronger after a difficult period. I agree that the defence have been crucial but they have been something we've always had. Bridcutt, Bridge and Kusczak have been ultra consistent and El-Abd and Greer have done it when either has been playing. Upson has also fitted in seamlessly. But I think the difference in the second half of the season has been Orlandi, Dave and Ulloa. So i think it's much more than just the back six.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest single influence is Kuszcak who has instilled confidence in the defence and as a result of this plus adding Bridge & Upson we do not look like we wll concede a goal. This has taken the pressure off of the midfield to defend deeply and allowed them to express themselves more.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The squad has been strengthened since last season.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
If say the most noticeable difference from last year is the defence. Looking more specifically PIG, I feel so much more assured when a ball gets floated into the box this season.

I'm fairy confident if we had him last season we would of made the playoffs.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
PIG, Bridge, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Upson and Ulloa have all added to the strength of the squad. .Good replacements for Casper, Painter, Dicker, Vincelot Harley. Not so sure about Bruno as Indigo has performed well

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The best back 5 / midfield in the division IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here