Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off tickets if away leg first

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Given that fixtures won't be known until Saturday evening at the earliest, Monday is a bank holiday, and the first game is on the following Thursday, how on earth are they going to sell and post out tickets in time?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
bought leeds tickets online yesterday and they arrived in the post today,so its possible.

but i get the point being made.........its all a bit tight.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Pick up at ticket office or on the day at the away ground ticket office?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fairest way would surely be SCRAMBLE.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Collect at the gate? That could be mayhem!
Preload onto season tickets / smart cards could help - but could we do that for the away leg?

Luckily, I work round the corner from the Queens Road club shop - I tend to pop round there to get any extra home tickets I need.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's likely to scupper fans away from Brighton if they don't have someone who can pick up a ticket for them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's likely to scupper fans away from Brighton if they don't have someone who can pick up a ticket for them.

Hopefully if it is pick up only they will allow us "out of towners" to collect at the away ground.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
And how will they deal with ensuring those with most points get first dibs, with such a short window to sell within?

I guess it's possible, depending how many tickets we get, that we might not sell out Bolton, Forest or even Leicester if Thursday night, what with transport/time off work issues at such short notice for many and with it being on Sky, but would be massive demand for Palace.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
And how will they deal with ensuring those with most points get first dibs, with such a short window to sell within?

I guess it's possible, depending how many tickets we get, that we might not sell out Bolton, Forest or even Leicester if Thursday night, what with transport/time off work issues at such short notice for many and with it being on Sky, but would be massive demand for Palace.

and Watford.

DanielT

If it was palace will they have enough time to get the groupon ad online? Then the non-plastic loyal supporters would need to enough time to steal a printer, get it printed off and then cash it in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sorry but tagging onto this.

Remember at Withdean when we had to que up the road and round the sportsman. Going to be brilliant if we have to do that at the Amex.

sorry but tagging onto this.

Remember at Withdean when we had to que up the road and round the sportsman. Going to be brilliant if we have to do that at the Amex.
That was for the final, not the first leg of the play-offs.

The situation wasn't helped by posts on NSC to the effect that "if you don't get down to Withdean by 3pm, you stand no chance of getting a ticket". Absolutely untrue - since tickets were available throughout the following week and, in fact, never sold out at all.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
and Watford.

Nearly impossible for us to play Watford away first leg!! Watford can only come 5th at lowest now. In order to do that and for Palace to come 3rd (we get 4th in order to play Watford) Palace would have to win their last 3 and at the same time overhaul 7 points and a vastly inferior goal difference to Watford!

So realistically the teams we can play away in first leg are Palace, Bolton, Leicester or Forest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here