Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
1346240483-moore-4-6274-313001_478x359.jpg

Captain-Pugwash-001.jpg

Hmmm

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tranmere's collapse this season has been absolutely hilarious.

Its been brilliant. They went past the initial bit where teams lead the league and blow up , seemed to be getting stronger to a point where all doubters had them shoe ins to go up then they spectacularly combusted.

Down to 11th now. Wouldn't of wanted him or them anywhere near the championship.

Great viewing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why the animosity against Tranmere?

Never liked them.

Scousers , bad record up there , Ronnie Moore been quite outspoken against us. John Aldridge

All irrational things football fans have

Top of the league after 31 games then 12 losses out of 16. Ouch

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Never liked them.

Scousers , bad record up there , Ronnie Moore been quite outspoken against us. John Aldridge

Top of the league after 31 games then 12 losses out of 16. Ouch

I've always quite liked them. Small club doing OK in the shadow of Liverpool and Everton.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've always liked Tranmere too - their supporters could so easily cross the Mersey to watch Premiership football but they stay loyal.

Ronnie Moore is something else: he was one of very few to be nasty about Withdean when we had our backs to the wall and were doing our best. Perhaps they'll fire him soon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Never liked them.

I don't like their pitch or the camera angle used for their games. That's enough for me to dislike them, as I do with QPR and Doncaster (I'm sorry).

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Never forgiven him for ending peter grummitts career in 1977 whilst playing at the Goldstone for Tranmere. Alaways whinging never his or teams fault

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Ronnie Moore is something else: he was one of very few to be nasty about Withdean when we had our backs to the wall and were doing our best. Perhaps they'll fire him soon.

Was he? I remember him being really grumpy when we were trying to get the pitch ready for a game that was in danger of being frozen off. He can be a good chap - I went on the lash with him a few times when he was at Rotherham and he's a brilliant pisshead.

Tranmere are very unlikely to sack him because they gave him a big new contract when they were top of the league in February. Also, the last time they sacked him was when they missed out on the play-offs on the last day of the season, and they spent most of their time in the bottom half (or worse, under Barnes) after that.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Half Man Half Biscuit support Tranmere so I've always had a soft spot for them :thumbsup: Plus most of my extended family are Scouse and support either Liverpool and Everton so it's nice to have an alternative option.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tranmere was always a disapointing day. We never won there, Birkenhead was a dump and getting a cab back to Liverpool post game could be a challenge.

On the flip side, the drinking in Liverpool was always good.

Also a pub in Birkenhead is the only place I have been asked if I wanted to buy stewing steak, at lunchtime on a hot August day. Had this image of a few bin dippers nicking a cow the night before and chopping it up in the pub kitchen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Talking of League 1, just had a look at the Brentford v Donny finale... huge game!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I used to live in Birkenhead. What a dump.

On the other hand " awaydays" by Kevin Sampson is the finest book about football hooligans EVER written and is my favourite novel of all time.

Come 'ead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here