Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So this moving Thing, thats really happening then!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Hi NSC
As some of the observant among you may have noticed, i have mentioned i was moving to Norway. Well today I handed in my notice, bought my plane ticket and officially bricking it now!
Feels really weird dumping/selling all the junk and effects I have accrued over my life. Its also infuriating that its turning out cheaper to buy new when we get there, than to ship our existing stuff over there. I would never have bought a car last year if i knew i'd be selling it 12 months later :rant: but overall really looking forward to the adventure and the challenge. My wife is Norwegian, so she's over the moon she's going home. She began to get very homsick the poor lamb, especially after the birth of our first born in February.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good luck to you.

Hope you're being well paid, it's a VERY expensive place!

What's the nearest airport, hope you can get flights back for next seasons games!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
We're off to Trondheim. Where the wife's family is. Been there loads so i'm fully aware of how bloody expensive it is over there!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Good luck, hope all goes well. Always fancied a trip to Norway - looks beautiful, especially the mountains and fjords. A mate of mine used to go ice climbing there most winters. He always spoke highly of the place and its many gorgeous women!

I've been packing boxes today, moving next Tuesday - nothing as exciting as you though, just to a more rural part of Halifax! Amazing what junk you accrue over the years...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd jump at the chance,love this country but it's going down hill..good luck-

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i know, its ridiculous! in the last year i have bought a new washing machine, tv and car. its cheaper to sell them, at what will be a loss compared to what use they still have in them, and buy again than it is to try and take them with us! bah.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hopefully it's not too expensive to the point where you can't afjord to enjoy it

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I hope you do ok, leaving the country, once you've done it, will bring you back down to earth with a bump.
You need to give the new place time, at least 5 years I think before you really feel like you start belonging, although a part of you never will.
Best of luck mate.:thumbsup:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
It's a good opportunity to give up drinking. It's either too expensive over there or it tastes like pee.

this is funny!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I thought everything over there was very expensive. If it is, then surely taking a ferry to Denmark with your new car and goods for approx £130 and driving the rest of the way would make sense.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I thought everything over there was very expensive. If it is, then surely taking a ferry to Denmark with your new car and goods for approx £130 and driving the rest of the way would make sense.

the problem is the tax i'd have to pay on importing the new car. Also, we can't get all of our stuff in my car when you think about furniture, washing machine etc, and all the plugs and fuses will need to be switched over. Looked into getting a shipping container but thats 3k, also looked into hiring a van to drive there like you said, but i'd then have to drive it back to uk, and then get a plane back to norway. Moving companies are expensive and a pain too, so easier to just get rid and buy when we get there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I give you 6 months untill the cold and the long dark nights kick in !!

Good luck fella in your new adventure, you only live once and a great future could be just round the corner go for it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I lived in Sweden for a short while a long time ago and had the chance to stay there and did'nt and sometimes I do wish I had taken the chance
hope things go well for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here