Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Grealish scores! Brighton 3-1 Everton (1981/82) - Extended highlights

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For those who want to know what kind of player Tony Grealish was, or just want to reminisce in the light of the sad news, here's some extended highlights from the Republic of Ireland international's first season at the Goldstone. Thanks to [MENTION=15769]He Shot He Scored[/MENTION] for supplying me with the video.

Gordon Smith looks in very poor form from this video, but that's not important. Very well timed run and finish from TG.

Rest in piece, Tony Grealish 1956-2013.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
For those who want to know what kind of player Tony Grealish was, or just want to reminisce in the light of the sad news, here's some extended highlights from the Republic of Ireland international's first season at the Goldstone. Thanks to [MENTION=15769]He Shot He Scored[/MENTION] for supplying me with the video.

Gordon Smith looks in very poor form from this video, but that's not important. Very well timed run and finish from TG.

Fantastic memories.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For those who want to know what kind of player Tony Grealish was, or just want to reminisce in the light of the sad news, here's some extended highlights from the Republic of Ireland international's first season at the Goldstone. Thanks to @He Shot He Scored for supplying me with the video.

that was fantastic to watch and bought back some good memories

thank you

just a note on Smudger he did go through some bad patches but always gave his best and I had forgotten about that save from Mose we were talking about that for weeks
they were great days
thank you Tony
RIP

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Great to see a game I was at all those years ago. I forget the north stand didn't have a roof for a while and firmly believe that team didn't do itself justice. Often feel they should have achieved better league positions in those years in division 1.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The following season would be the last time we play Everton to the present day. 30 years!!

Anyway rest is peace Tony. Legend

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A real trip down memory lane - I would have been by the tunnel on the west stand terrace.

Some great goals by the Albion - and what a miss by Smith - and what a save by Moseley in the 1st half!

8th place in the top flight!

So much for the legendary atmosphere at the Goldstone. Sounded pretty tame really - but there was only 16k or so there.

..and what was with the bloke next to the pitch with an urn of water on a trolley down in the North East corner!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Great video, excellent and thanks. Grealish and McNabb were excellent together back then, a great game I remember well. Two biggest memories of that game were Moseley's save (at 7.48) and Fozzies goal. RIP Tony and thanks for the memories.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Smith didn't have the best game but set a goal up for Foz.

The atmosphere was pleasant rather than raucous, the crowds were heavily down on the meteoric years - Thatcherism was biting, there was little spare money about!

PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our 3 goalscorers all represented their country at International level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When was the last time Brighton missed a chance as easy as that one for Smith?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Smith didn't have the best game but set a goal up for Foz.

The atmosphere was pleasant rather than raucous, the crowds were heavily down on the meteoric years - Thatcherism was biting, there was little spare money about!

PG

Did she get a 10-game ban?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here