Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you most closely compare Tony Grealish to?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I mean this as a guide for people who didn't see him play, or didn't know what he was about.

Which Brighton player of the past 10 years was his style, performance and quality most like?

Bridcutt?
Crofts?
Rogers?
Oatway?

What do you reckon?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Chuck Norris

norris_flag.jpg

rool

Jul 10, 2003
A more quality version of Oatway in my opinion. He had his tenacity but was a better distributor of the ball.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Actually I can't even remember the 80's so disregard anything I say

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Chippy with a bit of the Oatway bite (very topical) about him.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I mean this as a guide for people who didn't see him play, or didn't know what he was about.

Which Brighton player of the past 10 years was his style, performance and quality most like?

Bridcutt?
Crofts?
Rogers?
Oatway?

What do you reckon?

Thank you. Interesting question, and some interesting answers, for those of us who never saw him play.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He was combative with a decent range of passing. Liam would be the closest in terms of ability I would say but TG was less the holding midfielder. Sort of Sidwell like I guess. Always used to bracket TG with Danny Wilson for those that may have started watching us in '85 for example.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He was combative with a decent range of passing. Liam would be the closest in terms of ability I would say but TG was less the holding midfielder. Sort of Sidwell like I guess. Always used to bracket TG with Danny Wilson for those that may have started watching us in '85 for example.

Yep, I think I'd go along with you on the Danny Wilson comparison. I also thought of him as a poor man's Horton but perhaps that's probably being unkind at this current moment in time (and certainly not relevant to the last 10 years!)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't really think of a modern-day Brighton player.

I would have said Peter Reid if you opened it up to other clubs and an older era. Inspiring, led by example, did the fetching, carrying and ball-winning but could also get the team moving forward with a decent range of passing.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Very similar to Horton I think. Perhaps closer in ability than your recollection (imo, of course.)

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
TG was a real hard man, great midfielder, would compare him to a combo of bidders, chippy and oatway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Peter Reid is a good shout. He had that good midfielder's ability to let the ball run across his body and change the point of attack.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here