Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gate receipts

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If we get to the final how is the gate receipts split and what is the prize money? For the semi and final. ££££££££££££

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
No idea about the semi finals, but it is convention that the loser of the play off final keeps all gate receipts. This is because the winner gets the huge cash benefit of Premier League football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have heard £400k mentioned before somewhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does it really matter.

For the final the winner should get nothing, while the loser takes all, as it will be a drop in the ocean.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
In the semi's 50% of the net receipts go to the FL's Pool Account and the remaining 50% to an aggregate fund that is shared between the four semi-finalists.
In the final 50% of the net receipts go to the FL's Pool Account and the remaining 50% is shared between the two finalists.
Thanks so around £1,500,000 gate money + extras shirt sales advertising coach travel etc.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
In the semi's 50% of the net receipts go to the FL's Pool Account and the remaining 50% to an aggregate fund that is shared between the four semi-finalists.
In the final 50% of the net receipts go to the FL's Pool Account and the remaining 50% is shared between the two finalists.

Is this true? So if we play Palace in the semi finals and sell 50,000 tickets over two legs (giving approx £1.5M revenue) the football league get 750k of this? How is that fair?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yes we need to fill the £8 million gap ?
The outgoings verses income for 2 'bonus' games isn't going to make the biggest dent in the ongoing debt.

Plus it certainly won't appear in any budget/forecast.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wonder if we get to the final. Would the club wear the new strip, to boost shirt sales. Imagine how many they would shift??? Barber will have thought of that already, you can bet on that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wonder if we get to the final. Would the club wear the new strip, to boost shirt sales. Imagine how many they would shift??? Barber will have thought of that already, you can bet on that.

I would imagine that when a deal is signed for a shirt sponsor etc, the eventuality of possible play-offs is accounted for in terms of the current sponsor.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
If/when we reach the final I am sure we will be in the new kit, Amex will pay B&H Jobs a big chunk of wedge for the sponsorship rights. After all, who would benefit most from worldwide exposure? It has been done in the past for one off matches (Havant vs Liverpool I think was one)

I had also heard a few seasons ago that loser takes all with regard to the final gate money

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The only certainty is that, if we get to Wemberleee, we will be fleeced on the ticket prices.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
The only certainty is that, if we get to Wemberleee, we will be fleeced on the ticket prices.

Here here. Anyone know what they are likely to cost? Will have to weigh up going to the away leg of the semi's if the cost is too much. Not missing out on Wembley (provided we get there obviously!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here