Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fall and fall Stockport County

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For a short spell in 1992/93 I lived near Stockport/Macclesfield.

Stockport were in the same division as us (so I went there a few times, and got a lot of good-natured grief from locals), and Macclesfield were non-league (didn't bother at the time).

A few years later, Macclesfield were in the same division as us (I went there as an away fan), and Stockport were two divisions above us. I never could get my head around that.

Next season they'll be at least four divisions below us, in the Conference North. The ebb and flow of clubs is weird isn't it?

Anyway, there's a good blog about 'em here: When Saturday Comes - Stockport face uncertain future in regional divisions

Also, funny to think that Jim Gannon could have been our manager. *shudder*

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
For a short spell in 1992/93 I lived near Stockport/Macclesfield.

Stockport were in the same division as us (so I went there a few times, and got a lot of good-natured grief from locals), and Macclesfield were non-league (didn't bother at the time).

A few years later, Macclesfield were in the same division as us (I went there as an away fan), and Stockport were two divisions above us. I never could get my head around that.

Next season they'll be at least four divisions below us, in the Conference North. The ebb and flow of clubs is weird isn't it?

Anyway, there's a good blog about 'em here: When Saturday Comes - Stockport face uncertain future in regional divisions

Also, funny to think that Jim Gannon could have been our manager. *shudder*

Jim Gannon not joining us was a massive let off for The Albion. There were many desperate for him to be our manager but the gods were with us when he found work elsewhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here