Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Car Park vs University Car Park

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I am looking to purchase a parking space for next season and both the Uni and Bridge are available for the same price.

I am just trying to establish which is the better option, pros and cons of each. How long it takes to get out of the Uni car park on a night game for example? The Bridge car park takes about 15-20 minutes due to the pedestrians walking accross the car park so is it quicker or slower in the Uni?

I guess the Uni is closer than Bridge? I've parked in the bridge car park this season a few times but not the uni one.

Anyone used both and if so which do you prefer?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
We'll I've just renewed but am going back to the Uni which I found to be much easier and quicker to get out of. I also think its a bit nearer the ground as well. The Bridge is ok if you leave early but its a pain getting out if you wait till the end

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Thanks but I am happy to pay for the car park just want to know which of the two options I have specified is best?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We'll I've just renewed but am going back to the Uni which I found to be much easier and quicker to get out of. I also think its a bit nearer the ground as well. The Bridge is ok if you leave early but its a pain getting out if you wait till the end

Interesting so if you leave after the game at the Uni what is the queues like? Time from end of game say until getting onto the main road?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We use the Uni ... can be a bit of a pig but we tend to leg it after a game and can just about get ahead of the worst of it so we're generally off pretty quickly, 10 minute wait or so. If you're in Horsham and fancy pooling drop me a PM

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We use the Uni ... can be a bit of a pig but we tend to leg it after a game and can just about get ahead of the worst of it so we're generally off pretty quickly, 10 minute wait or so. If you're in Horsham and fancy pooling drop me a PM

Thanks, I'm swaying towards the Uni car park as the bridge one you get caught up in the walkers but then I guess with less on road parking in coldean etc next season the numbers walking that way may be slightly less. Plus you have a good 10 minutes walk before you even get back to your car. Which should be reduced a bit with the Uni shouldn't it?

We always have a full car so we are splitting the cost of a parking space for convenience.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
We use the Uni car parks... if you are in 4,3,2 then you are usually forced to turn right when leaving, and end up going through Coldean to get back to the A27/A23 - this can be very slow queueing by the lights at the Hikers, and slow up the hill to the Asda roundabout.

From car park 1, which is a longer walk, you get to turn left, and out on to the main A27 roundabout by the stadium, which is much quicker once you are clear of the roundabout.

We plan to stick with the uni car park as it has worked pretty well for us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is best for heading West?

I've had a permit for the UoS since the stadium opened. We're usually home in Alfold (via A272, Cowfold/Billingshurst/Loxwood) by 11.30 after an evening game. Rarely has it taken more than 5 minutes to exit the university but getting on to the B&H bypass westbound is a headache (and will be the same from the Bridge C/P). The T/L's at the bottom of Coldean Lane are usually a pain and the traffic slow moving, largely because of the volume and those on-street parking in Coldean wishing to turn across the main traffic flow. This may improve next season when the CPZ is up and running in Coldean but who knows for sure. Options are to take the A27 eastbound and turn back at either the Falmer interchange or, if it's really congested, drive up to the Kingston roundabout just before Lewes and do the same; the latter adds about 8/9 minutes to your journey time.
I forgot to add that I'm usually in CP4 or 5 (for the shuttle bus) which are nearest the main exit so maybe get some feedback from others who use CP1-3. Bridge C/P wouldn't work for me when I'm on chemo due to the walking distance.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The uni walk is a long one if in car park 1 walking reasonably quickly, it takes me, my brother and my two boys about ten minutes I'd say. And they've started putting cars up the hill on grass as well for some reason. After the match Saturday, one bloke complained to me that he was in a further field than the one I'd parked in. He'd got there at 1 I'd got there at 2 but his reward was a worse spot.

Incidentally, last year the renewals for the car park were in June/July, are they earlier then this year?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Incidentally, last year the renewals for the car park were in June/July, are they earlier then this year?
It was mentioned on Roar that there was plenty of spare capacity, which certainly aghasted my flabber.

A couple of comments along the lines of 'you did too good a job telling people not to drive'.

Personally it's getting increasingly tougher, due to work, to get into Mill Road I think I might have to bite the bullet.
It'll be nice to know I can rock up close to kick off and still get in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The uni walk is a long one if in car park 1 walking reasonably quickly, it takes me, my brother and my two boys about ten minutes I'd say. And they've started putting cars up the hill on grass as well for some reason. After the match Saturday, one bloke complained to me that he was in a further field than the one I'd parked in. He'd got there at 1 I'd got there at 2 but his reward was a worse spot.

I assume there was an open day on Saturday so it was a bit of a hike. I've had my renewal, have until May 9 to book or it will go to the waiting list

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It was mentioned on Roar that there was plenty of spare capacity, which certainly aghasted my flabber.

A couple of comments along the lines of 'you did too good a job telling people not to drive'.

Personally it's getting increasingly tougher, due to work, to get into Mill Road I think I might have to bite the bullet.
It'll be nice to know I can rock up close to kick off and still get in.

I'm surprised at plenty of capacity statements, always seems chocka to me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised at plenty of capacity statements, always seems chocka to me
That's what Hebberd/Perry said. They might even have said 600 more cars, but I might have misheard that.

I've just bought a Uni ticket for Wolves, going to try it out with a view of season ticket next year.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
That's what Hebberd/Perry said. They might even have said 600 more cars, but I might have misheard that.

I've just bought a Uni ticket for Wolves, going to try it out with a view of season ticket next year.

Great idea, I've just done the same.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Certainly online it suggests there is very good availability for both Uni and Bridge.

If they are taking another 600 spaces in the Uni (and there's certainly space in there I think) then make that 601 available as I definitely won't renew mine, it'll be a nightmare

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I've chosen not to renew my Uni parking space next season, largely because I hardly used it. However when I did I ALWAYS drove to Car Park 1 in order to make my escape straight on to the A27, rather than going back through the Stanmer Park entrance and battling with Coldean Lane. The latter could take anything from 10 minutes to an hour to get back to the A23.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've chosen not to renew my Uni parking space next season, largely because I hardly used it. However when I did I ALWAYS drove to Car Park 1 in order to make my escape straight on to the A27, rather than going back through the Stanmer Park entrance and battling with Coldean Lane. The latter could take anything from 10 minutes to an hour to get back to the A23.

I've tried getting up to Car park 1 but had over keen stewards jumping in front of me and the Mrs wouldn't let me run them over. My routine is to leave on 90 minutes (boo!!) and leg it up to 4/5 and meet Mrs on way back down - not ideal but ............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here