Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see Vicente again this season?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'd LOVE to see the flairmister-general played in the last game against Wolves, if we have already secured a playoff place.

I wonder if Gus has any plans to use him at all though, currently he looks like he is being used 'just in case'.

For the record, I don't think we have missed him, but i would love to see such a great player one last time for the Albion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not to worried. Quality player but seems to unbalance us when he plays although last 20 of the play off final you'd fancy him stepping up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Couple of supersub appearances yet from him I reckon. At Wembley please.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Vicente. Wembley. Oh yes.

Can you the excitement building as the Brighton fans see Vicente waiting to come on, 0-0 with 20 mins to be played. It would lift the crowd and you'd hope it would be enough to lift the team. all it takes is one piece of magic from the Dagger.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd actually rather not see him.

He seems to be a player we bring on when we are losing.

If we're winning I don't think we'll see him come on because he doesn't track back and put in a defensive effort like a Barnes or LuaLua.

Thus I don't want to be seeing him again this year!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The issue when he plays is that other players stop trying things and just give the ball to Vicente, then we can become a bit too easy to defend against. Just take out Vicente.

Unfortunately correct, it is as if some of our players are a little star struck when he's on pitch.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Amazing as he is, I think Orlandi and SD are Gus' go to guys now. Can only see him replacing either of them if they are knackered/we are guaranteed a PO spot

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sub apps or in against Wolves if we're safely 4th. As much as I love him, we channel too much play through him at times which often means Spanish Dave and Orlandi tend to have less of an impact. Plus, Dave and Orlandi have earned their place in the line up.

That said, I really hope to see him at least once more in a Brighton shirt.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here