Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I'll go back one day [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: I'll go back one day[/h]9:30am Tuesday 23rd April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2419609.jpg
Gus Poyet takes his Albion side to Leeds on Sturday
Albion*boss Gus Poyet has predicted he will return to Leeds United to work, because of his special relationship with their supporters.
Poyet heads back to Elland Road on Saturday for the Seagulls’ final away game of the season, with his side on the brink of the Championship play-offs.
A win will guarantee Albion a top six finish but they could lose and still be in the play-offs with a match to spare if other results go their way.
Poyet spent a year at Leeds as assistant manager to Dennis Wise from 2006 to 2007. He has never disguised his affinity for the Yorskhire giants and was recently linked with the managerial vacancy created by Neil Warnock’s departure before Leeds moved swiftly to appoint former Reading chief Brian McDermott with their Championship status in jeopardy.
Poyet, quizzed about the possibility of clinching a play-off spot at Leeds, told The Argus: “It’s a great place. I love that place and I will probably go back one day, because I enjoyed my time there so much.
“I think the relationship without being in charge was so powerful with the fans that I am sure I will have the opportunity to go to Leeds sooner or later.”
Leeds are now safe, despite Saturday’s first defeat of McDermott’s reign at Birmingham, after he steered them to successive home wins against Sheffield Wednesday and Burnley.
Long-term wounded Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins are the only players unavailable to Poyet after Will Buckley, Kazenga LuaLua and Bruno all returned from injury in Saturday’s 6-1 hiding of Blackpool at The Amex.
“That’s credit to the whole staff, the medical staff, the fitness department, the coaches,” Poyet said. “Everybody has been working individually with different players. We have been working in three, four, five groups sometimes because of the different fitness levels of the players.
“We knew sooner or later we would have a better group and that’s why the team performed the way we did. It’s not only the team selection, it’s about having the right options and I had plenty.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here