Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus stop going on about other clubs

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I'm sorry but I find it very disrespectful him going on about going back to Leeds sooner or later. Shouldn't be talking about any other clubs than Brighton !!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Poyet, quizzed about the possibility of clinching a play-off spot at Leeds, told The Argus: “It’s a great place. I love that place and I will probably go back one day, because I enjoyed my time there so much.

“I think the relationship without being in charge was so powerful with the fans that I am sure I will have the opportunity to go to Leeds sooner or later.”

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Haha, I was waiting for this.

I actually love having an honest manager. One we can trust. People need to stop pissing their pants every time he answers a question.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sorry but I find it very disrespectful him going on about going back to Leeds sooner or later. Shouldn't be talking about any other clubs than Brighton !!
I'm sorry, but I find it very disrespectful that you're on here slagging off the best manager I can remember us having.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll have the opportunity to manage them next season won't he? Job is his if he really wants it I would think. If that's his ambition for next season then good luck to him. I have just wanted him to see out this season, if he wants off after that I'll be disappointed but not suicidal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why does he get slagged off every time he answers a loaded question put to him by the media.

If he went to every club that has been mentioned he would only spend about 6 months at each after he has completed the job with us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't mind him saying he loved it there , just don't think he should be saying he will go back.

Why not? He loves all the clubs he's worked at, either as a player or staff. We all know he's not going to stay with us forever so just relax, and enjoy the time that he's here.
I don't have a problem with him being honest, as that's just Gus. I've no doubt, that at some time in the future, when we're doing well under a new manager, he will say that he loved his time at Brighton.

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
I seem to recall GP coming out at the Withdean for the game with Leeds, beaming widely at the Leeds fans and waving, who in return gave him hell and plenty of abuse because he had walked out on them. The smile was quickly knocked off his face and strode off quickly to the dugout. Perhaps by saying this he hopes to lessen any reaction this time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Haha, I was waiting for this.

I actually love having an honest manager. One we can trust. People need to stop pissing their pants every time he answers a question.

Absolutely, we know where we stand with Gus. Alsp people keep asking him the same old questions time after time, avoiding an honest answer just acts as distraction to him and us.

We all know he wants to achieve success here and if he does get us up there is every chance he may leave. If that is the way things pan out we also know that Tony will replace him well, so I am not concerned either way.

What you cannot ignore is what a great job Gus has done transforming this team from one that was threatened with relegation from League One to a 'potential' premiership one in a very short space of time, it is incredible.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He'll have the opportunity to manage them next season won't he? Job is his if he really wants it I would think. If that's his ambition for next season then good luck to him. I have just wanted him to see out this season, if he wants off after that I'll be disappointed but not suicidal.

Blimey, have Leeds sacked Brian McDermott already?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like that Gus is honest. Much better than many managers that claim to be at a club for the long-haul and then move on at the first opportunity.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I appreciate his honesty but I do find the flirting with previous clubs pretty tiring.

Maybe it's all part of an ongoing mental poker game with Tony Bloom to free up transfer funds, or improved personal terms ... I have no idea. As a mere fan I find it a bit unsettling. We all know that players and managers move on eventually but while they're here we want to believe their heart is 100% in BHA.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here