Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - in the (goalscoring) form of his life!

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Seeing Dave creep up the goal scoring table for Albion, caused me to check out his previous form in front of goal. The stats show that he's enjoying himself in England:

Bilbao - 12 goals in 118 apps
Osasuna - 11 goals in 78 apps
Albion - 9 goals in 29 apps

There have been so many highlights this amazing season, but for me the best thing so far has been the evolution of Dave from Spain. Since he blossomed during the Millwall game he's been so, so good. So good in fact that I've felt the need to start a thread for the first time ever on NSC (it's only taken about 12 years).

Sign him up Gus please!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There have been so many highlights this amazing season, but for me the best thing so far has been the evolution of Dave from Spain.
But what does he do?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Don't forget this is his first season outside of a top division so you would perhaps expect him to, if he settled in, have a decent return compared to previous years

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Don't forget this is his first season outside of a top division so you would perhaps expect him to, if he settled in, have a decent return compared to previous years

Well, that's burst your bubble Withdeano!

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Ha, yes it did a bit. I didn't think of that :wrong:, but hey, my admiration for SD remains undiminished!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I think thats a fair point, Bridge has also scored more goals than he has previously, however it does not stop this being a great achievement, as we all no the Championship is a very tough league and a lot of the teams in this league could compete in top divisions around Europe IMO.

Spanish Dave has been brilliant for us, if we go up and he gets anything like a return for us like that, he will have taken the Prem by storm.

Gaviota

Apr 21, 2013
Talking about spaniards, here is another one, I am a lifelong Real Sociedad supporter but I have Brighton & Hove Albion as my English team, why would you wonder?
Well, to start with, we share same colours, a lovely stadium (ours is a bit older than yours) San sebastian is a lovely seaside town in the north of Spain as Brighton is and also I have been working at the stadium the last few months ha ha Thanks Albion.
I really hope you go up, nice team, very good football and support.

Go seagulls !!!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Talking about spaniards, here is another one, I am a lifelong Real Sociedad supporter but I have Brighton & Hove Albion as my English team, why would you wonder?
Well, to start with, we share same colours, a lovely stadium (ours is a bit older than yours) San sebastian is a lovely seaside town in the north of Spain as Brighton is and also I have been working at the stadium the last few months ha ha Thanks Albion.

Go seagulls !!!!!

Welcome

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

Go seagulls !!!!!

Grassy Ass!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Go seagulls !!!!!

Bienvenidos a NSC, Gaviota.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think thats a fair point, Bridge has also scored more goals than he has previously, however it does not stop this being a great achievement, as we all no the Championship is a very tough league and a lot of the teams in this league could compete in top divisions around Europe IMO.

Spanish Dave has been brilliant for us, if we go up and he gets anything like a return for us like that, he will have taken the Prem by storm.

Good point that Munkfish,

Wayne Bridge,
Previous career goals (since '98, including National Side appearances): 4
Goals for Brighton: 3.

So in 37 appearances for us, he's nearly equaled his goal tally for his previous 368 games!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Go seagulls !!!!!

San Sebastian is a really lovely place. You are a lucky man Gaviota. This does not do it justice - it is taken from around the headland where there was a Big Wheel.

sanseb.JPG

And - it is "Up the Albion" (rather than Go seagulls).

Welcome.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I recall reading that The Championship is around the fifth best (ie most competitive in terms of skills) league in Europe. Might be cr@p but sounds plausible. So still an achievement for Spanish Dave.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Nice - The Large One - very nice! Thanks

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I recall reading that The Championship is around the fifth best (ie most competitive in terms of skills) league in Europe. Might be cr@p but sounds plausible. So still an achievement for Spanish Dave.

Fifth for attendances I reckon. In terms of quality (in no particular order) you've got England (prem), Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, Holland, Russia, then also Ukraine, Belgium....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fifth for attendances I reckon. In terms of quality (in no particular order) you've got England (prem), Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, Holland, Russia, then also Ukraine, Belgium....

I wouldn't think all of those leagues are better than the championship. Especially Ukraine and Belgium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here