Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which other big time player has ever been sacked in recent times..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... apart from poor sap Adrian Mutu who made the schoolboy error of testing positive for cocaine at a time when Chelsea were actively looking to reduce their wage bill. Can't think of a single other player off the top of my head.

Well? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jimmy Bullard was, conveniently, sacked from Hull....I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tevez seemed to come fairly close last year before City realised how much cash they'd be losing out on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its pretty difficult to sack a player given the size of their contracts. i imagine Mutu was gross misconduct or something, i expect theres a "dont do drugs" clause along with paragliding , sking, UFC, motorsport (i recall pro players arent allowed to ride motorbikes). dont suppose it ever occured for a no biting policy to be included.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
John Sitton was quite a colourful character! Blimey, is that even allowed on Wiki?

John Sitton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"You, you little ****, when I tell you to do something, and you, you ****ing big ****, when I tell you to do something, do it. And if you come back at me, we'll have a ****ing right sort-out in here. All right? And you can pair up if you like, and you can ****ing pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your ****ing dinner. 'Cos by the time I've finished with you, you'll ****ing need it"

:lol:

i imagine Mutu was gross misconduct or something, i expect theres a "dont do drugs" clause along with paragliding , sking, UFC, motorsport (i recall pro players arent allowed to ride motorbikes). dont suppose it ever occured for a no biting policy to be included.
And if there was, Suarez would have had it removed, as he's partial to the odd nibble.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pat Hilton, Alan Boorn and Terry Brown.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ballotelli was "never going to play" for city again, then he did, then he was given the gooner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here