Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romanian side use motorised wheelbarrow to 'stretcher' an 'injured' player from pitch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am surprised that nobody seems to use an electric milk float. With the demise of the milkman doorstep delivery there must be hundreds available

I think they did in the USA World Cup.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Milk floats weigh several tons, I'm sure they wouldn't do the pitch any good at all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago Palace had a Morris Minor car with rollers instead of wheels that they drove up and down the pitch as soon as the match finished to roll the pitch so using a milk float with similar rollers would achieve the same surely.

The weight of milk floats is mainly in the weight of the batteries so I am sure that with modern technology an electric milk float type vehicle could be constructed that weighed a lot less and could get from the side lines to the centre of the pitch and then back out to the concourse if an ambulance was needed quicker and smoother than any other form of transportation of the player. Or even a flat backed electric golf type trolley like used at the airports for ferrying disabled people about.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Is that his mum running on too?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know that happened in the USA with electric carts but I meant specifically in this country as they dont have doorstep milk deliveries anywhere else that I know of.

Do they still have a milk float round in Hove? I'm sure I saw one about a year ago. I had a milk man in Camden up until 2001-ish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have closed the depot in Burgess Hill but my sister in law still has her milk delivered everyday in Durrington sorry Lower Salvington, poncy Estate Agents.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here