Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
As it stands:

CMS on 11

Ulloa, Barnes and Spanish Dave all on 9

Buckley and Orlandi on 7

Obviously CMS is out for the rest of the season.

Ulloa is currently scoring for fun

Barnes is back after a seven match lay off and on Saturday's evidence, has not forgotten where the goal is

Dave is our regular penalty taker and arguably the calmest finisher in the team

Buckley and Orlandi both hitting goalscoring form too

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone other than Ulloa and we are promoted, (assuming the play-offs count).

Cos he's definitely going to get the 3 needed, if someone else does as well those 6 goals will do nicely.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Barnes for me, think he will make up for the "accidental trip" on the ref by bagging a few others.

Wouldnt also say Ulloa is scoring for fun recently - last couple of games anyway - but a rest will do him good.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Barnes for me, think he will make up for the "accidental trip" on the ref by bagging a few others.

Wouldnt also say Ulloa is scoring for fun recently - last couple of games anyway - but a rest will do him good.

OK maybe not the last couple of games, but you have to say Ulloa's record since he signed is pretty damn good!

Barnes did look like a man on a mission on Saturday. Lets hope he can keep his emotions under control for the next few games.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Dave 13
Ulloa 11
CMS 11
Barnes 11
Orlandi 10
Buckley 8

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Am I right in thinking Barnes needs three more to reach his half century for the Albion?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Two things stand out from those stats - firstly how clinical Spanish Dave has been. Remember the first few months of the season(?) - some NSC'ers would have paid his air fare back to Spain. He has really come into his own, a classy finisher and a general all-round fantastic player.

Secondly, Ulloa has really been a revelation - I know CMS has been injured and Barnes suspended, but it says a lot that a player has signed in January, not played until February and is still in line to be our top scorer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have gone for Ulloa because I think that having had a rest he will be given more opportunity than others in the run in. Despite what many say I think that barring the injury CMS would have been up there in contention but that is something we will never know or perhaps we will next season.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What is the highest number of players we have had with ten or more goals in one season?

Could this season be the highest?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the highest number of players we have had with ten or more goals in one season?

Could this season be the highest?

Well there's only ONE so far.

Two years ago Murray, Barnes and Wood all did.

A few years before that I THINK we had a season where FIVE did. Cox, Robinson, Hammond...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
12 - Spanish Dave for me. He's in the right place at the right time a lot, scores pens and is ruthelessly clinical most of the time.
11 - CMS & Ulloa. Obviously CMS won't score any more this season but Ulloa will have had 2 weeks rest and will definately score twice between now and the end of the season
10 - Barnes. May get more but his inclusion on Saturday will be the exception rather than the rule. Ulloa will start most and Barnes may only get 20 mins per game until the end unless we've already secured 4th by the time we play Wolves, then he may play to rest Ulloa again.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Blimey - so many seem to think we will have lads scoring 2each in 2, and bagging several in merely 2 matches!
Personally I don't think we'll run roughshod over Leeds or Wolves, and a 6-1 v Blackpool isn't precedent for continual thrashings!
We may fail to score in one of these fixtures, so 4 points and I'd be well happy.
That would probably see us finish above the scum as well - they would need 2 wins and a draw at least, to top us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey - so many seem to think we will have lads scoring 2each in 2, and bagging several in merely 2 matches!
Personally I don't think we'll run roughshod over Leeds or Wolves, and a 6-1 v Blackpool isn't precedent for continual thrashings!
We may fail to score in one of these fixtures, so 4 points and I'd be well happy.

You do realise that we might have FIVE games left?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Barnes and Ulloa, banging in the goals for fun, both to end up joint-top scorers on 15 each :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here