Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP need advice regarding council tax

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Finished university 2 years ago in London, London council asking for council tax for one month, this being after I had left the address and my full time degree had finished. They have also added court fees into it totalling £200 as they apparently sent me a letter after i had left said address! Spoke to them on the phone today and they are saying I need to show my agreement finished the month before, but don't have it from my student times 2 years earlier! Ive asked to speak to her manger who is going to call me back, any advice?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
contact the letting agent/landlord you used to see if they have a record or copy of the agreement.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
contact the letting agent/landlord you used to see if they have a record or copy of the agreement.

Yeah just done that not holding my breath he's going to get back! But thanks anyway.

Have you any other proof of change of address with the date on e.g. utilities bills, phone bills etc which you can then provide to them ?

I kept the bills going for another month for my house mates so they had time to change over, they aren't going to help.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I kept the bills going for another month for my house mates so they had time to change over, they aren't going to help.

Why would you keep some bills going but not others?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
How do London council know your present address?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
photoshop something to show your address changed - dont be pushed into fear by their aggressive ways.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No idea how they got my address!
Also I'm going to ask for all paper work regarding court charges. If they are going to make me pay for it they are damn well going to give me copies of the paper work I never originally received.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If you were responsible for the bill you'll remain responsible for it until you tell them otherwise. When did you cancel the payment to them? When did you call them and tell them you were no longer the person responsible for payments?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No idea how they got my address!
Also I'm going to ask for all paper work regarding court charges. If they are going to make me pay for it they are damn well going to give me copies of the paper work I never originally received.

Could the council have sold or handed over the supposed debt to an agency, who are fishing for a bite. Such as,
yes I am the Doc Lynam that was at that address.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here