Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between Cardiff and Albion.......

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
Both teams have conceded 42 goals.
Cardiff have scored 69 to our 65, so those 4 goals result in an extra 16 points!! How's that work? Yep, i know the answer, just saying that how tight this league really is!

It's a funny old game!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on current form Cardiff may well have won the league amassing a heady 17 points from their last 13 games.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Cardiff have Won 25 games this season, 16 of those by 1 goal, only 5 by 3 or more. Very basic but I'd guess that it comes down to killing games off more efficiently and scoring when it counts equating to the difference. But you could tell that by watching 90% of our games pre-Christmas.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
A few games including this weekend was goals overkill, no that I mind. 6-1, 5-1, 4-1 have all been home results this season. I don't remember Cardiff bulldozing many teams like that, just scoring a couple a defending very well.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And we took 4 points off them again this season, as we did last season! :ohmy:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If we never gave the late goals away at Wolves,Brum,forest,Bolton at home and there are probably more,we would be looking at joining them.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
If we never gave the late goals away at Wolves,Brum,forest,Bolton at home and there are probably more,we would be looking at joining them.

But if we didn't score our own late goals like Peterborough, Leicester, Wolves etc wed be where we are now

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
18 Draws is extraordinary in one season . If we only we could have killed teams off earlier in the season, it would have been a straight fight between us and Cardiff for the title. Still very happy with our season overall so far.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
A few games including this weekend was goals overkill, no that I mind. 6-1, 5-1, 4-1 have all been home results this season. I don't remember Cardiff bulldozing many teams like that, just scoring a couple a defending very well.

And there was a 3-0 in there too!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
One difference is that Cardiff City do not boast a single player who has scored more than nine league goals this season.

So much for needing a 20-goal a season man to go up.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But if we didn't score our own late goals like Peterborough, Leicester, Wolves etc wed be where we are now

I know that and was not moaning,but if we could have just seen those games out we would not be far behind them.i also think of the games we dominated like Bolton away,Leeds at home ,forest at home and even Charlton at home,we are not far away at all.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The main difference between Cardiff and Brighton is....

Style.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here