Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHL Update

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
So with just one week to go has your team made it yet? I will post my usual NHL Playoff thread next week but for now, definitely confirmed from the Eastern Conference are:

Pittsburgh Penguins
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens and
Toronto Maple Leafs

In the West its:

Chicago Blackhawks
Anaheim Ducks
Vancover Canucks and
Los Angeles Kings

Just as a note Detroit Red Wings are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in 21 years!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I listened to an interview with a biometrics bloke applying similar statistical analysis to The Caps that Billy Bean did for Baseball.

The guy absolutely hammered Ovie, as being done.

I can tell you exactly when I heard it, as it was the day before The Big 8 started crushing the league :lol:

So with just one week to go has your team made it yet? I will post my usual NHL Playoff thread next week but for now, definitely confirmed from the Eastern Conference are:

Pittsburgh Penguins
Boston Bruins
Montreal Canadiens and
Toronto Maple Leafs

In the West its:

Chicago Blackhawks
Anaheim Ducks
Vancover Canucks and
Los Angeles Kings

Just as a note Detroit Red Wings are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in 21 years!!

The Red Wings are currently out of the play off picture but have 2 games in hand to the Blue Jackets. I'm hoping they don't make it as I'd rather the Blackhawks play the Blue Jackets or Stars than the Red Wings.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I listened to an interview with a biometrics bloke applying similar statistical analysis to The Caps that Billy Bean did for Baseball.

The guy absolutely hammered Ovie, as being done.

I can tell you exactly when I heard it, as it was the day before The Big 8 started crushing the league :lol:

He is the biggest ... In the league. I would give you Suarez comparisons but I would not want to give Suarez a bad name.

Ovie's attitude has stunk this season. Probably lucky not to have ended up with a game misconduct in the past few weeks trying to overcompensate for his lack of effort prior to that. Can't stand the bloke.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Habs are there - me and my mate who went to Uni in Montreal have watched a few games together and the CH24 series. They've looked really good although recent form is worrying

Hoping for a first round against your mob. Don't fancy our chances against the bruins but the leafs for the most part have had your number this season.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Rangers could still clinch a play off position if they win in Florida and Carolina. They also managed to eliminate their rivals from across the Hudson by beating the Devils 4-1. Watching the match you couldn’t blame the Devils coach for being angry as the officials missed two ‘too many Rangers players on the ice’ penalties; talk about schoolboy errors.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think the most important statistic here is that the Maple Leafs have reached the play-offs for the first time in 8 years. You can feel the optimism around town. :thumbsup:
Go Leafs Go.
In true Leafs style they'll raise hopes and then let us all down-too long a Leafs fan to expect anything else.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I think the most important statistic here is that the Maple Leafs have reached the play-offs for the first time in 8 years. You can feel the optimism around town. :thumbsup:

I am on at 41-1 for a tenner and 25-1 for a tenner. On the leafs getting Stanley.

You'll be able to see the optimism fading from Brighton!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
The Rangers could still clinch a play off position if they win in Florida and Carolina. They also managed to eliminate their rivals from across the Hudson by beating the Devils 4-1. Watching the match you couldn’t blame the Devils coach for being angry as the officials missed two ‘too many Rangers players on the ice’ penalties; talk about schoolboy errors.

You will probably be able to say more accurately. But I think the officiating has been the worst it's ever been this season in the NHL

That could be because I am just picking up on more things as the tv and Internet coverage is better now.

Or like with football there is more tv angles to see bad calls.

But I have seen a very many missed and incorrect calls this season. I think a lot more than I would expect to see.

What do you think?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
You will probably be able to say more accurately. But I think the officiating has been the worst it's ever been this season in the NHL

That could be because I am just picking up on more things as the tv and Internet coverage is better now.

Or like with football there is more tv angles to see bad calls.

But I have seen a very many missed and incorrect calls this season. I think a lot more than I would expect to see.

What do you think?

Completely agree – some games it borders on embarrassing. As you say, the game is now under more scrutiny than ever – and it means that below par officials are now being found out. Whether the NHL acts remains to be seen, certainly the fans are getting more vociferous. I guess the lock out didn’t exactly help.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
New York Islanders and St Louis Blues have now also made it and Detroit have slipped into 8th place with two games to go. So they still might keep that record.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Despite adding Rick Nash to our roster, the Rangers have had a terrible season.

Should never have let Brandon Prust leave to Montreal. Was a big part of the team's heart.

New York Islanders and St Louis Blues have now also made it and Detroit have slipped into 8th place with two games to go. So they still might keep that record.

I believe that Detroit still have to go and play the Stars in Dallas. Still hope they don't make the playoffs but the ball is definitely in their court.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
The Eastern Conference is now complete with Ottowa and New York Rangers joining the playoffs, all that's to be decided is who plays who.

In the West San Jose Sharks have qualified, two places still up for grabs but only three teams are involved, Detroit, Minnesota or Columbus.

Last games on Saturday for most just one game on Sunday Ottawa at Boston.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here