Remaining fixtures:
Cardiff v Bolton
Bolton v Blackpool

Blackburn v Palace
Millwall v Palace
Palace v Peterborough

Leicester v Watford
Forest v Leicester

Cardiff shouldn't lose, which puts Bolton on 70 points max.
It's unlikely Leicester will win both of their tough games, so that's 69 points max.

So we'd need 1 point, and Palace need 3 or 4 points from their last 3, and we meet in the semis.
Of course that might not happen, but it's looking fairly isn't it ???

This is going to be epic.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Yes. It will happen. Bring it on....:O

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cardiff will almost certainly lose. Heads really won't be in the game given they've nothing to play for and Bolton are on fire.

Will be amazed if Bolton don't finish 5th.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is looking slightly inevitable.

Remaining fixtures:
Cardiff v Bolton
Bolton v Blackpool

Blackburn v Palace
Millwall v Palace
Palace v Peterborough

Leicester v Watford
Forest v Leicester

Cardiff shouldn't lose, which puts Bolton on 70 points max.
It's unlikely Leicester will win both of their tough games, so that's 69 points max.

So we'd need 1 point, and Palace need 3 or 4 points from their last 3, and we meet in the semis.
Of course that might not happen, but it's looking fairly isn't it ???

This is going to be epic.

Just saying....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Based upon their current form, Palace will get no more than 2 points from those games. They my scrape into 6th if they are lucky.
Cardiff will almost certainly lose. Heads really won't be in the game given they've nothing to play for and Bolton are on fire.

Ah. So basically I've got it completely wrong. Bollox.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
The answer is always "we'll see", but speculation rarely comes true.
We rarely follow big wins with more wins, and both our games are tough. Leeds are confirmed mid table, Cardiff are going to drop points imho, and Bolton and Leics will go tooth and nail to get max points.
Palace are looking shaky and could blow it yet. I would prefer that they do!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Still cant believe why so many want to play Palace, if we lost - then bollocks to the 3-0 last month, they will have bragging rights over us for YEARS and will never let us forget it.

Just easier if we got someone like Bolton, who we outplayed in both games against them, then have Watford, who Palace have failed to beat this season, knock Palace out so we face them in the final. On the day i think we could probably beat Watford.

You never know, Palace may completely drop out which i would absolutely love.......along with the police in Sussex and Croydon.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Are they?

Since they beat us (somewhat fortuitously) their results have been: LWWLLW - not bad but three wins and three defeats in six games isn't ablaze.Not sure ow this myth is sustainig itself.

For completeness, last six for others around us:
Watford - DWDLLW (8 pts)
Albion - DDDWDW (10 pts)
Palace - LLLDLD (2 pts hehe)
Bolton - LWWLLW (9 pts)
Leicester - LLDDWD (6 pts)
Forest - DDDLLD

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Still cant believe why so many want to play Palace, if we lost - then bollocks to the 3-0 last month, they will have bragging rights over us for YEARS and will never let us forget it.

Agree with this sentiment entirely.

Many seem to be relishing the idea of playing Palace in the playoffs. I would rather they either dropped out of the playoff spots, or we avoided them entirely.

Losing to Palace in the playoffs would be more than I could bear.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If this season should have taught anyone anything it's that results in this league are more unpredictable than ever.

Having said that - there is a sense of inevitability that we will meet our A23 cousins at least once more, and that it will be the perfect and ultimate showdown to a very evenly matched season.

Games (for us) don't get much bigger, so I reckon that everyone should be a) getting ready for it and b) relishing the prospect.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Many relish playing Palace (especially in the semis) because we would probably beat them. They are very very low confidence, they aren't scoring and their defence looks woeful. And Gus is a FAR more intelligent manager than that annoying ****, he'd easily outthink him over 2 legs.

Palace please, then Bolton in final. Watford are basically a better version of us so don't want them.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Games (for us) don't get much bigger, so I reckon that everyone should be a) getting ready for it and b) relishing the prospect.

Relishing the prospect of possibly losing (as lets face it, Palace need to win sometime soon unfortunately) and then constantly getting beaten with that fact for however many years it might be until we get the chance for real payback ?

Sorry, avoiding Palace at all costs is best for everyone, also means we can just sit back and watch them get smashed (would love it if it was by Dougies Bolton) in the Semis - and then we win in the final.

People need to remember, we still lost to them 3-0 up at Shithurst, theres no guarantee we will actually win either game. Id rather be knocked out to ANY other team than Palace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here