Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would work as a steward at the Amex

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Just a general question.
There has been a lot of slagging off of the stewards over the years on this forum.

So my question is.
Who would work as a steward at the Amex.
Baring in mind you have to be over 18 to be a steward, prob restricts most of the people who post on here from under taking the role anyway.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Personally I have never found the Stewards to be anything more than extremely helpful at The Amex.......but speak as you find I guess.....

This.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've never found the stewards to be anything but polite, and having a sense of humour. Then again, I treat them as I'd like to be treated.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You get a free packed lunch. Would seal the deal for me that.

Dec 29, 2011
A lot are students, as mentioned. Also I imagine people who need a little bit more income part-take as part time work.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
A few do it out of love for the club. There's only pocket money in it, so anyone who can afford not to do a part time job has to have another reason. It's not a power trip either - stewards have to follow rules, and do exams for the job

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Baring in mind you have to be over 18 to be a steward, prob restricts most of the people who post on here from under taking the role anyway.

says the immature twit that cant spell

grow up chap,the stewards are normal people unlike you,some supplement their income some are albion fans.

the majority are just fine

chubby bloke needs to transfered though(pref to turkey).......disaster waiting to happen

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.

grow up chap,the stewards are normal people unlike you,some supplement their income some are albion fans.

chubby bloke needs to transfered though(pref to turkey).......disaster waiting to happen

If you must pick someone up on their spelling, at least show that you are capable of using capital letters and that you have some knowledge of sentence structure and punctuation.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007

Kettle pot black comes to mind.
Why the insults?.
Anyway baring isn't a spelling error, just the wrong word used.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've never found the stewards to be anything but polite, and having a sense of humour. Then again, I treat them as I'd like to be treated.

Exactly this, WSU they are very amiable people the stewards.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
students and doorman, particularly the senior ones.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Just a general question.
There has been a lot of slagging off of the stewards over the years on this forum.

So my question is.
Who would work as a steward at the Amex.

£7.50 an hour

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
They are obviously not footy fans, because if they were, they'd be STH or single-game wallahs, shirley ???

Not that I have a problem with this of course...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They are obviously not footy fans, because if they were, they'd be STH or single-game wallahs, shirley ???

Not that I have a problem with this of course...

Not sure what makes you say that - I was a steward at Withdean and I'm a footy fan. Buy tickets when I can afford them and was a season ticket holder at the Goldstone. There were plenty of Albion fan stewards at Withdean ( as was proven by the number that brought tickets for the West Ham cup match ) and many transferred to the Amex.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Most of the stewards are nice enough. There is always going to be a jobs worth but most of them are only doing their job. And being paid £7.50 an hour to go to the football isn't bad, for those who can't afford to go it is perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here