Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Frankfurt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been and to be honest I found it dull. You have the main square but 90% of the "old" buildings are reproductions. And the altstadt (old bit of the city) is okay for a few beers. Sorry.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I currently live about 15 miles outside.. Tons to do and see. I'll jump on the PC a bit later and give you some info

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Sachsenhausen is the best bar district, great place overall. Lived there for about 6 months. City center best place for a hotel, public transport is excellent so you are never far from anywhere.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stuck in the airport once, after a ski holiday flight from Austria was diverted by a blizzard.

Typically German ...... Vast, futuristic, clean, efficient, nice food, good looking women, and great service.
Made the delay bearable.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Used to fly there all the time for work. Heidelberg is quite nearby and is very pretty. One of the few towns not totalled by the RAF. Frankfurt was flattened by the RAF.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Go there a lot. Some great eateries near the river and check out the Römerberg, it's beautiful on a sunny day. Lots to see and do and a decent amount of shopping.

Night life is pretty good especially for dance/techno fans!

I really like Frankfurt, ignore the haters.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
As previously mentioned Sachsenhausen has some really good bars, or Waxys or Yours Bar, which are near Hauptwache.. They have a tram called the Ebbelwei Express, which gives you a tour around the town and you get to drink a glass or two of Applewine ( German version of Scrumpy)
http://www.ebbelwei-express.com/html/index_e.html
Romer is cool, you can do a good walk along the river..
Try to catch a game at the stadium as well, it is normally fairly full and has a capacity of over 50k..
You can go up the Main tower for a good view of the town.. If you have any specific questions, just drop me a pm...

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
As previously mentioned Sachsenhausen has some really good bars, or Waxys or Yours Bar, which are near Hauptwache.. They have a tram called the Ebbelwei Express, which gives you a tour around the town and you get to drink a glass or two of Applewine ( German version of Scrumpy)
http://www.ebbelwei-express.com/html/index_e.html
Romer is cool, you can do a good walk along the river..
Try to catch a game at the stadium as well, it is normally fairly full and has a capacity of over 50k..
You can go up the Main tower for a good view of the town.. If you have any specific questions, just drop me a pm...

I have a 10 hour stopover in Frankfurt in August, is it easy to get in to town and back from the airport, anything worth seeing?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Had a two hour stop over last week from Hanoi to Gatwick and they took all the Duty free away from the passengers who had bought them in Hanoi, we had ours in our suitcases as the rules are very clear. I am sure you will enjoy Frankfurt it is the Financial centre of Germany.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here