Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scary thing about our MONSTROUS thrashing of Blackpool...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We did that to them with Barnes up front. Can you imagine the DAMAGE we'd have done with The Cyclone in attack?!

Footballing CARNAGE, it would have been.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just before it started I said to my good friend Jim in the West that today we will see what a good player Ulloa really is.

However we did not really miss Ulloa. Barnes had an excellent game. His hold-up control was excellent, he won the ball and retained possession, he was not throwing himself around, his movement was good, and he scored a couple. Well played to the bloke.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another back handed compliment about Albion's man of the match from the Op :rolleyes:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just before it started I said to my good friend Jim in the West that today we will see what a good player Ulloa really is.

However we did not really miss Ulloa. Barnes had an excellent game. His hold-up control was excellent, he won the ball and retained possession, he was not throwing himself around, his movement was good, and he scored a couple. Well played to the bloke.

And they were Gary Lineker style poacher goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa would have been there to clear Hammonds effort off the line.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And we didn't have Vicente on the pitch - imagine what he would have done to them!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's amazing how well a natural striker plays up front instead of wide left midfield.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
And we didn't have Vicente on the pitch - imagine what he would have done to them!

It's weird but the results we're getting at the moment suggest the THREAT of Vicente is actually more potent than actually needing to PLAY him. Bit like having a nuclear weapon you point to occasionally to keep the enemy worried.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We must have had the strongest bench in the division yesterday and yet we were home and hosed at half time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's weird but the results we're getting at the moment suggest the THREAT of Vicente is actually more potent than actually needing to PLAY him. Bit like having a nuclear weapon you point to occasionally to keep the enemy worried.

Ha, yes. But what a potent weapon to use if we do actually need him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The OP was wearing his "Albion's man of the match" shirt yesterday - so no need for a back-handed compliment there.

I've had that shirt for two years, with pride. Yes, I cheated with the Mackail-Smith shirt and for one game, the Dobbie (He scored!) shirt...

Yesterday it was ALL about Barnes. And his mate in front of us giving it the wanker sign when he scored, and storming off in anger when he was (rightly) named man if the match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here