Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quote from Ince, what do you make of it?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry if fixtures, but:

Blackpool boss Ince believes fatigue was the reason behind his team’s thumping.

The Seasiders’ five-game unbeaten came to a crashing halt and Ince was quick to admit that a swashbuckling Brighton proved too talented for his tired players.

He said: “When you come to places like Brighton you need to start well. We looked leggy and we looked tired from the first minute to the last. We couldn’t cope with their pace and technique.

“We needed to stay in the game for longer than nine minutes and we never got to grips with them. We were second best all over the park.

“One thing you can’t say is that we didn’t show fight. Look at the turmoil these players have been through. These players have been fighting all their careers. We’re not a club with £25 million, a new stadium and a new training ground.”

Ince has insisted that he will not allow his players to let the season fizzle out despite the club languishing below mid-table in the Championship.

He added: “I’m not the sort of person who will allow the season to fizzle out. Before today we had conceded seven goals in our last 11 games, so to concede six in one game is disappointing.

“But it means we can say it was just a bad day at the office. We have two more games to go, and we need to have a scotch, go to sleep and forget about it.”

Where has this figure of £25 million come from? ???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Isn't that the figure he quoted for his son a couple of weeks ago? Must have it on the brain. Maybe we made an enquiry about Ince Jnr and it's a joke?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Seasiders’ five-game unbeaten came to a crashing halt and Ince was quick to admit that a swashbuckling Brighton proved too talented for his tired players.

He said: “When you come to places like Brighton you need to start well. We looked leggy and we looked tired from the first minute to the last. We couldn’t cope with their pace and technique.

“We needed to stay in the game for longer than nine minutes and we never got to grips with them. We were second best all over the park.”

Very complimentary, I'd say.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry if fixtures, but:

Blackpool boss Ince believes fatigue was the reason behind his team’s thumping.

“We needed to stay in the game for longer than nine minutes and we never got to grips with them. We were second best all over the park.

“One thing you can’t say is that we didn’t show fight. Look at the turmoil these players have been through. These players have been fighting all their careers. We’re not a club with £25 million, a new stadium and a new training ground.”

Ince has insisted that he will not allow his players to let the season fizzle out despite the club languishing below mid-table in the Championship.

He added: “I’m not the sort of person who will allow the season to fizzle out. Before today we had conceded seven goals in our last 11 games, so to concede six in one game is disappointing.

“But it means we can say it was just a bad day at the office. We have two more games to go, and we need to have a scotch, go to sleep and forget about it.”

Where has this figure of £25 million come from? ???

They did look leggy.

I didn't take it necessarily that he was referring to us, more generally really that they haven't got a budget, new stadium or training facilities (which neither do we at the moment!). I think he just pulled a figure that he imagines you need to compete in the top 6. He was very complimentary about our team I have to say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blackpool are not in a battle for relegation or promotion, their players, though they gave it a good enough go, probably half-switched off and had their thoughts on their summer holidays at the end of a gruelling season for every club in the division. Fantastic achievement then that the Albion looked fresh as a daisy and well up for it.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Isn't that the figure he quoted for his son a couple of weeks ago? Must have it on the brain. Maybe we made an enquiry about Ince Jnr and it's a joke?
Surely it can't be that Ince Sr wants us to buy Ince Jr for £25m?
No, too preposterous. He's not that good yet.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They did look leggy.

I didn't take it necessarily that he was referring to us, more generally really that they haven't got a budget, new stadium or training facilities (which neither do we at the moment!). I think he just pulled a figure that he imagines you need to compete in the top 6. He was very complimentary about our team I have to say.

What does leggy mean?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Don't think you'll find too many Blackpool fans sympathising with Ince's comments regarding their budget. It's been a constant source of frustration and concern for them - their owner Karl Oyston's complete reluctance to reinvest their parachute payments back into the squad.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The point of the thread is the bit in bold, as in what is he talking about in regards to the 25 mil? As some say maybe it's a figure plucked from the air or as he is close to Gus, thought maybe it was this seasons budget!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The amount the training facility is costing?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Shame about Ince Jr's first half dive though, really rate him and Phillips but they had no chance of getting anything in the game. Blackpool hugely rely on them two players.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Dunno about leggy but I bet their keepers off today with a back ache!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here