Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a difference a day makes! – Well, 371 actually

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
14 April 2012 – West Ham 6 – Brighton 0

20 April 2013 – Brighton 7 – Blackpool 0

Thank you very much, you players for a stunning performance - just hope you derived as much pleasure as us fans. But I’m sure you did! Thanks’ again - another occasion that will go down in Albion folklore.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
7 nil, to the Albion!

Can we ensure that record books reflect the day properly?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
They beat us 4-3 (Dunk and Bridcutt og). The deflection off Bridcutt was officially given as a Gerrard goal.

Strange. The BBC match report says "Three own goals helped Liverpool ease past Brighton to secure an FA Cup quarter-final tie against Stoke", but still lists Gerrard as a scorer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strange. The BBC match report says "Three own goals helped Liverpool ease past Brighton to secure an FA Cup quarter-final tie against Stoke", but still lists Gerrard as a scorer.

I think that's because at the time everyone thought it was three own goals, but the FA committee who decide these things subsequently awarded the goal to Gerrard. The BBC changed the official match record but not the report.

I've no idea how Gerrard got it BTW, it was a clear OG.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
and 26 years ago today palarse.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Was the guest of a Hammers fan that day. God it was awful. They kept saying shit we are and how we're we so high in the table. Desperately wanted to tell them but they were a bunch of Neanderthals who weren't going to listen. How far we have come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here