Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No excuse

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Sorry, there was no excuse for the mass exodus yesterday. Massive shift put in by the players and a superb display yesterday the lads should have been applauded off by a near packed stadium. I felt sorry for them. Lovely day weatherwise, would an extra five minutes have made any difference?

Dec 29, 2011
An extra five minutes? Are you mad? You realise leaving three minutes early saves 40 minutes in waiting for a train.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think a lot more stayed than normal, possibly due to the warm weather, feel good factor from the amazing scoreline and end of season relaxed feel.

Other than the ES .... christ that emptied rapidly in the last 10 minutes.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
An extra five minutes? Are you mad? You realise leaving three minutes early saves 40 minutes in waiting for a train.

So what? We get 20 or so games a year at home. Surely people can forgo a pie at half time and take a bit longer to get home in order to watch the whole bloody game? It was embarrassing yesterday (cue all the "I pay my money and can leave when I like" brigade).

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
It is extremely frustrating when you miss something because of it.

The trains explanation doesn't make total sense either. If everyone left 3 minutes earlier, then not everyone would save 40 minutes. You're getting up and getting in everyone's way to beat the queue, not to make it magically disappear.

I have no doubt that some people have fully legitimate reasons for leaving early, but I don't accept that getting home earlier is one of them, because your getting home earlier is done at the expense of someone else who stays to applaud the team.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
We have a lot of part-time fans as do every other club in the land
It is no big deal as the early leavers pay the same entrance fee as everyone else

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry, there was no excuse for the mass exodus yesterday. Massive shift put in by the players and a superb display yesterday the lads should have been applauded off by a near packed stadium. I felt sorry for them. Lovely day weatherwise, would an extra five minutes have made any difference?

4y9y8y3e.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We have a lot of part-time fans as do every other club in the land
It is no big deal as the early leavers pay the same entrance fee as everyone else

This.

At least they bother to turn up which is more important than the time they decide to leave.

It happens at every club, we are not unique.

It will never change. Deal with it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would never leave early just to get home 20 minutes earlier. Getting to the pub .............. Now that's different. Out of respect for the players it's important we start our celebrations as early as possible. Great thread this.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Every other week people moan about this. Every other week people leave early from the Amex. When I was a STH at Withdean and was travelling down from Essex for home games I used to bunk off early and saunter around the running track to see the dying seconds...if I didn't I could add at least an hour to my journey home because of the congestion and nonsense around the ground.

Have never left early from the Amex because I don't drive to the ground and it is really no bother getting away on the train.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I often wonder what is with the fascination to get home earlier, to do what? If you really do something important on a Sat evening then fine but I am sure many people get away early to go home and sit watching BGT and The voice. As [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] states- if you do not like queuing then chill out, have a drink and then stroll down to the train/bus.

To those saying 'it doesn't matter'? surely it does to the players who have just put on a performance like that, they deserve a round of applause. I cannot understand leaving early, missing a goal and not showing your appreciation so that you can get home 30 minutes earlier. If you have paid good money to watch a football match then watch it! But then I am equally baffled by those that miss goals for a pie/drink/toilet etc. Can an adult not sit and watch 45 minutes of football at a time?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
For **** sake every time after a game there's always a similar thread. Zzzz

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Give it a rest. People pay their money and they can leave when they want.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh goody. Another thread about the same topic we get after every single home game. :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here