Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus waving goodbye to the fans yesterday

Mar 10, 2006
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but somewhere around the 87th minute I noticed Gus facing the West Stand just looking up at people.At first I thought he was having a Di Canio moment and saying to everyone 'look at me and what I've done' however he then started to wave in a sarcastic manner at the masses who were leaving early and then turned to face the action whilst shaking his head. Don't think he was too impressed with the mass exodus.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not....before.....time. He won't have this problem at Stamford Bridge where the fans will respect his teams and stick around to watch the entire match.

Mar 10, 2006
Watch the post match interview - he explains how grateful he was for the fans rising to the occasion yesterday, and how Brighton fans have a special relationship with the identity he has instilled at the club. He was thanking the fans, not saying goodbye.

No I don't think he was, it was definately done in a sarcastic way followed by a shake of the head as if he was in disbelief. What he was talking about was the thanks and applause he gave the fans at the final whistle - as I say the other incident happened somewhere around the 87th minute.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If he wants to wave goodbye to the early quitters he wants to wave at ESL anytime fro the 80th minute onwards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He also applauded Barnes getting MOM

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned but somewhere around the 87th minute I noticed Gus facing the West Stand just looking up at people.At first I thought he was having a Di Canio moment and saying to everyone 'look at me and what I've done' however he then started to wave in a sarcastic manner at the masses who were leaving early and then turned to face the action whilst shaking his head. Don't think he was too impressed with the mass exodus.

Is this another wind up thread? I'm not biting.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010

He was waving up towards Roberto Di_Matteo up in the main West stand nothing more

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If he wants to wave goodbye to the early quitters he wants to wave at ESL anytime fro the 80th minute onwards.

Really?

I normally sit in the ESL but had a go in WSU yesterday. Here's a picture on about 92 minutes. It's no worse than any other stand...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366565591.354575.jpg

Really?

I normally sit in the ESL but had a go in WSU yesterday. Here's a picture on about 92 minutes. It's no worse than any other stand...

View attachment 41881

I stayed to the end just in case Hammond got them back into the game again.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here