Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge - best ever ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Always fun to debate who is or was the best ever players to have graced the stripes but is there any doubt that Wayne Bridge is by far and away the best left back we have ever had at this club ?
Ok this is the old league 2 but cannot see Graham Pierce or Gary Williams getting the nod over this lad.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jimmy Langley? My dad always said he was the best player ever to play for the club until mark Lawrenson came along

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jimmy Langley? My dad always said he was the best player ever to play for the club until mark Lawrenson came along

I agree with your dad but probably similar age. The only possible challenger as best ever player but he had a very short career with us, tragically, was Barry Rees.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I said yesterday that I've never felt so confident in a left back. He never panic's and loves getting forward. Unbelievably good player.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Chatting to fans of Premier League clubs, I don't think they have any idea how good WB still is. We are very, very lucky to have him. An absolute joy to watch.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Best we will have inc the next 100 years, if we don't go up & lose him we'll need two in his place

Last edited:

Certainly the best left back in my time to play in the stripes, I can't of think any better.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Two words: Kerry. Mayo. And he once finished (joint) top scorer. Bet none of these other joke nominations could claim that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
And to think how gutted we all were when we didn't get joe mattock. Begs the question where would we be if we had mattock instead of bridge

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bridge has been amazing,my player of the season.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Bridge has been absolutely awesome this year. Will be gutted if he leaves at the end of the season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And to think how gutted we all were when we didn't get joe mattock. Begs the question where would we be if we had mattock instead of bridge

Definitely not if Mattock had stayed. In the end, we got a much better player, especially defensively.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Best left back by an absolute country mile. I can't remember one game where he hasn't come out on top against the winger he's been marking over the course of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here