Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Times Rich List **Official Thread**

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
or, How High Has Our Tony Placed this year. i haven't got it, has anyone else? has he appeared in the top 10 or still managing to miss the cut altogether?

I did hear Usmanov, Arsenal shareholder, is number one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As Tony has proved for a number of years, you're only on it if you want to be

*edit* given that he has had to go public on his Albion backing, they will probably have a wild guess and get it completely wrong

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
or, How High Has Our Tony Placed this year. i haven't got it, has anyone else? has he appeared in the top 10 or still managing to miss the cut altogether?

I did hear Usmanov, Arsenal shareholder, is number one.

Rich List top 10

1. (2) Alisher Usmanov (mining and investment) £13.3bn
2. (5) Len Blavatnik (investment, music and media) £11bn
3. (4) Sri and Gopi Hinduja (industry and finance) £10.6bn
4. (1) Lakshmi Mittal and family (steel) £10bn
5. (3) Roman Abramovich (oil and industry) £9.3bn
6. (9) John Fredriksen and family (shipping and oil services) £8.8bn
7. (8) David and Simon Reuben (property and internet) £8.2bn
8. (7) The Duke of Westminster (property) £7.8bn
9. (6) Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli (pharmaceuticals) £7.4bn
10. (11) Charlene and Michel de Carvalho (inheritance, brewing and banking) £7bn

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Rich List top 10

1. (2) Alisher Usmanov (mining and investment) £13.3bn
2. (5) Len Blavatnik (investment, music and media) £11bn
3. (4) Sri and Gopi Hinduja (industry and finance) £10.6bn
4. (1) Lakshmi Mittal and family (steel) £10bn
5. (3) Roman Abramovich (oil and industry) £9.3bn
6. (9) John Fredriksen and family (shipping and oil services) £8.8bn
7. (8) David and Simon Reuben (property and internet) £8.2bn
8. (7) The Duke of Westminster (property) £7.8bn
9. (6) Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli (pharmaceuticals) £7.4bn
10. (11) Charlene and Michel de Carvalho (inheritance, brewing and banking) £7bn

Good to see our very own Ernest in 9th place :moo:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know a lot of that wealth is tied up in whatever and not just cash floating around in the bank or under the mattress, but I'm not sure I would be able to sleep easy with such money that one would never be able to spend, all the while people are lacking basic necessities such as fresh drinking water.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why do some of them get on there as a pair? Surely, Sri and Gopi Hinduja have got 5.3bn each (if the fortune's jointly shared).

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Millionaires are ten a penny now. You have to have paid tax in the UK on Billions to even warrant an honorable mention. Makes you wonder what the tax rates are in the countries some of these people could be liable for tax payments in.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I doubt he'll be on it due to his privacy, definitely wouldn't be top 20 though.
As Tony has proved for a number of years, you're only on it if you want to be

*edit* given that he has had to go public on his Albion backing, they will probably have a wild guess and get it completely wrong

dont know why some think theres an opt out, there are plenty of secretive people on the list. if the source of wealth is known or public (say a company), then you'll be included. he must surely have come to the attention of the compilers, so one can conclude either very well hidden/distanced from source or not considered UK resident?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bloom isn't in there neither are Martin Long or Steve Parish. I've no idea how the Sunday Times works these out but all 3 would comfortably be in there I expect.

My boss has made a reportedly cool £66m this year and moved up 25 places. You're welcome Mike!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
... neither are Martin Long or Steve Parish.

well their ommission might be explained by not being nearly as wealthy as is thought. there is a lack of any investment in to the club. of course the same could be said for Bloom, except a large building in Falmer and another beginning in Lancing soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and as it wouldn't be the same without him:-

631= @ £125m

Bill Archer, 68.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
well their ommission might be explained by not being nearly as wealthy as is thought. there is a lack of any investment in to the club. of course the same could be said for Bloom, except a large building in Falmer and another beginning in Lancing soon.

To be fair to Palace (blimey what is wrong with me) from what I know about the pair of them they are both worth more than £75m (which is the cut off point to get in). Whether they want to invest their money into the bottomless hole that is a football club then that is another question.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, you have to pay £9 a month to read the rich list?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So, you have to pay £9 a month to read the rich list?

Or you could have got the paper yesterday.

Anyone got a link to the Oz version (presume there is one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here