Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Bridcutt should retain POTS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
... because he has been. ALL season long he has been our standout player. He has captained the team on occasion but he has led the team every game on the pitch. The flairistas deserve a mention but I am sure they acknowledge how absolutely vital Liam Bridcutt is.

He is the player of the SEASON, and so he should be rewarded with winning the title again.

Honourable mentions to Spanish Dave, Andrea Orlandi, Tomasz Kuszczak and Wayne Bridge of course. But none of them have been as consistent and on top of his game throughout the season as Bridcutt has.

Ladies and gents, vote Bridcutt.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
... because he has been. ALL season long he has been our standout player. He has captained the team on occasion but he has led the team every game on the pitch. The flairistas deserve a mention but I am sure they acknowledge how absolutely vital Liam Bridcutt is.

He is the player of the SEASON, and so he should be rewarded with winning the title again.

Honourable mentions to Spanish Dave, Andrea Orlandi, Tomasz Kuszczak and Wayne Bridge of course. But none of them have been as consistent and on top of his game throughout the season as Bridcutt has.

Ladies and gents, vote Bridcutt.

Agreed. The guy is an Albion legend in the making.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Bridcutt for me too, been nothing short of amazing all season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agreed. The guy is an Albion legend in the making.

Personally, I think he is already there. For me, Greer too. The comedy around his signing, the way we strolled to the League 1 title then ascended the Championship table. Quiet leader maybe, but clearly efficient and been a magnificent centre back for us in our change from hoofball to football. Splendid player, bizarrely uncapped by that footballing powerhouse, Scotland.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry to disagree. I have seen better midfield players wearing our blue and white stripes but I havent seen a better keeper than Kuszczak during my time supporting BHA. TK is the reason that we are virtually in the play offs and the major difference between this season and last so I would say to all readers vote for TK. In saying that I think that Bridcut has been consistently good but not exceptional this season but he is not the reason we are in the play offs TK is.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Sorry to disagree. I have seen better midfield players wearing our blue and white stripes but I havent seen a better keeper than Kuszczak during my time supporting BHA. TK is the reason that we are virtually in the play offs and the major difference between this season and last so I would say to all readers vote for TK. In saying that I think that Bridcut has been consistently good but not exceptional this season but he is not the reason we are in the play offs TK is.

Have to disagree with this, he has been very good at times, but it is down to Bridcutt and the defence aswell, without them TK wouldn't have been so good.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that the flairest team in the championship giving POTS to a defensive midfielder has a nice balance to it :thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Vote for who you like of course, but why are you making a point who has single handedly taken us into the play-offs? This is about Player of the season and it is a team game so not one player on his own is repsonsible for any result

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some gimp on the BBS wants him run over because of what he said in the argus yesterday. Nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely the POTS is to reward the man who has done most to ensure our success during the season, which in my view is TK but I wouldn't be upset if Bridcutt or Bridge won it but I think that so many rave about Liam as he stands out and tend to ignore the others because they do not stand out so much.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I mentioned on another thread, we've become so used to Liam putting in such consistently high quality performances that it doesn't stand out quite so much as when, say, David or Orlandi plays a stormer. He just does so much for the team though, both in his individual work breaking up play, but also in directing defenders where to pass it so that we can play our possession game.

Having said that, I wouldn't be at all unhappy if Bridcutt, Bridge or Kuszczak won. They've all been fantastic, and neither of the three really had a bad game. Upson and Ulloa would be up there if they'd been here all year.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bridcutt will be getting my vote.

Bridcutt, Koosh, Bridge. In that order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here