Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Relegated from the conference yesterday,dosn't seem long ago we were playing them and now if we go up there would be 5 divisions between us.A lot of it is down to bad ownership similar to what we had.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bit of crowd bother as well (A Kiddy player got punched) media doesn't appear to have gone into meltdown this week though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The disappointment of losing out on Pinamonte was pretty intense and then along came Zamora. NSC was gagging for Gannon to come here and not much later we got Gus. Hindsight is great but in both cases we dodged a bullet.

Jeff Stelling must be gutted, the fall of Stockport County has been quite sad IMO.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The disappointment of losing out on Pinamonte was pretty intense and then along came Zamora. NSC was gagging for Gannon to come here and not much later we got Gus. Hindsight is great but in both cases we dodged a bullet.

Jeff Stelling must be gutted, the fall of Stockport County has been quite sad IMO.

He,ll be more concerned about H,pool surely ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We lost 4-2 to them only a couple of years ago!

Lest we forget. The Hawk, Graeme Smith... Carl Baker hattrick. The dark days, just a few days after being trousered 7-1 by Huddersfield.

What a comedy game that was. We should never forget games like that at Withdean. Makes performances and results like yesterdays all the more imperious!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If Stockport were relegated to Blue Square South instead of North they would be playing Whitehawk next season.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
kiddy-harriers_2_2542079b.jpg

Proper quivering idiot in the bucket hat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We signed a fair few players from them, including Bridcutt.

No, we didn't. He played for them on loan, briefly. And was sent off in that 4-2 Stockport win at Withdean in 2009.

We signed him as a free agent when Chelsea released him, and Palace couldn't spot he was a footballer. Alan Navarro's injury was the only reason we signed hom initially though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lest we forget. The Hawk, Graeme Smith... Carl Baker hattrick. The dark days, just a few days after being trousered 7-1 by Huddersfield.

What a comedy game that was. We should never forget games like that at Withdean. Makes performances and results like yesterdays all the more imperious!

My son's first game. He was very young and I wasn't going to take him but Buzzer couldn't go and gave me some free tickets. Amazingly, he wasn't scarred by the experience and loves going to the Amex.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My son's first game. He was very young and I wasn't going to take him but Buzzer couldn't go and gave me some free tickets. Amazingly, he wasn't scarred by the experience and loves going to the Amex.

Scarred? That game is one of the all time classics! We had a Ghost in goal, a comedy red card seconds after coming on to replace a sent off defender and lest we forget his running on uninvited moments before that!... We were utterly tonked, yes. But what a classic football match. Lovely weather, beautiful setting and never to be forgotton game.

Right up there with Leyton Orient in the FA Cup 1998 and Burnley last season... ironically, all games we lost!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here