Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Tix

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bit ahead of myself but wondering what the collective thoughts of NSC will be on this. I'm getting a bit of ear bending from "distant" fans on the subject!

If we make the final I guess we get about 35,000 tix. Club will likely nick up to 1,000 for Corporates, Friends and Family, Staff etc, then we have about 23,000 STH's and assume the vast majority of those will want one.

So that leaves maybe 11000 to go on sale. Sure I'm not alone in having F&F wanting to go but wondering what the guess might be on how many points will be needed? I've no idea what sorts of points or even how many "regular" non STH's we have

Maybe previous experiences? I didn't make Cardiff so don't know what the situ was then

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
We didn't sell out our Cardiff allocation... so I wouldn't worry.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We didn't sell out our Cardiff allocation... so I wouldn't worry.

Cardiff is a lot further away than London.

We were getting crowds of 7,000 in 2004, we're getting 28,500 now

He's right to be worried

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know times have changed and our support has increased but we didnt sell out our allocation for the 83 final or the play off final against Notts Couty. I think that if it happens we will sell out this time but like 20,000 others am a STH so am not worried about getting a ticket.

I know times have changed and our support has increased but we didnt sell out our allocation for the 83 final or the play off final against Notts Couty. I think that if it happens we will sell out this time but like 20,000 others am a STH so am not worried about getting a ticket.

34k sold for the county final off the back of alot of bad feeling at the club???

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Half the stadium was full of Brighton fans in 91 play off final so i would think thats wrong, roughly 40,000 and the other end was about half that roughly 20,000

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bit ahead of myself but wondering what the collective thoughts of NSC will be on this. I'm getting a bit of ear bending from "distant" fans on the subject!

If we make the final I guess we get about 35,000 tix. Club will likely nick up to 1,000 for Corporates, Friends and Family, Staff etc, then we have about 23,000 STH's and assume the vast majority of those will want one.

So that leaves maybe 11000 to go on sale. Sure I'm not alone in having F&F wanting to go but wondering what the guess might be on how many points will be needed? I've no idea what sorts of points or even how many "regular" non STH's we have

Maybe previous experiences? I didn't make Cardiff so don't know what the situ was then

I'm an STH, I've got family that go to occasional games, home & away. No problem getting tickets together for Cardiff.

I don't expect they'll be able to get tickets this time, and if they could they'd be in a different part of the ground.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The stadium wasnt anywhere near full against Notts County so there was virtually an unlimited allocation, perhaps I was wrong to mention that game but for the 83 final we sent back ticket which were taken up by Man Ud. If it happens this time will be totally different.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unlike the FA Cup Final, they don't give away most of the stadium to 'guests'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The stadium wasnt anywhere near full against Notts County so there was virtually an unlimited allocation, perhaps I was wrong to mention that game but for the 83 final we sent back ticket which were taken up by Man Ud.

We sent back tickets for the cup final but there was loads of demand still from Brighton fans. Disgraceful. Many of the violent scenes at the replay wouldn't have occurred if we'd kept the tickets.

And the Notts County game, we had 'unlimited' tickets because they have very poor support. It won't be like that I'd we play Leicester for instance, our palace for that matter as all their plastics will come crawling out.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Expect a system of allocation either by deceasing points or season ticket holders by stand is 1901 followed by ESL etc then for non season richer holders would be points. Don't expect any to go on general sale must have previous purchase history. So may be long wait for f+f

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If I remember correctly, County only sold around 15k, we had sold at least 30k, 34k rings a bell.

From a selfish point of view, I would love to see a system of allocation where maybe a STH could also buy a ticket for someone with purchase history.

As stated, I think anyone with a purchase history will get one, so such a system would mean families can sit together.

in my own situation, I have one adult and 3 kids ST. Occasionally my wife buys a ticket and comes along too. She would definitely want to see the play off final, and would get a ticket if she waited. But being a STH with a shed loads of points, I would like to get dibs at the best seats when they go on sale.

Hard to please everyone................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Unlike the FA Cup Final, they don't give away most of the stadium to 'guests'.

This a myth that is often spouted incorrectly the actual truth is that it is the FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION CUP and as such all members of the FA are entitled to apply for tickets hence all County members are entitled to 2 tickets, which they have to pay for, in return for their unpaid service to the county association which keeps grass root football going. Also every club registered with a county association from Conference to local pub Sunday sides are entitled to apply for 2 tickets and the usual allocation is that they get 2 every 3 or 4 years.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Expect a system of allocation either by deceasing points

Don't expect any to go on general sale must have previous purchase history. So may be long wait for f+f

That's what I was expecting. My F&F have points, 50-60 but that's not many and wondering where the line will be?

Most views here seem to think any purchase history, but I'd be stunned if it were that

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As usual, everyone who wants one and makes any kind of vague effort to get one, will get one. And as usual there will be people who complain that they couldn't get a ticket because nobody knocked on their door and asked them if they wanted to buy one.

If we get there, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here