Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant speech about gay marriage in the NZ parliament

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Inspiring for who, very funny for a kiwi. Perhaps the UK government may listen to the 600,000 plus people against the redefining of marriage unlike the thousands here in NZ who were completey ignored.

Isn't that democracy? Majority rule and all that?

I think he was taking the piss.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Inspiring for who, very funny for a kiwi. Perhaps the UK government may listen to the 600,000 plus people against the redefining of marriage unlike the thousands here in NZ who were completey ignored.

You're not serious right? Using your own figures you think it's right that less than 1% of the UK population should be listened to as opposed to the millions who support it?I can't find a poll carried out in the UK this century that isn't heavily in favour of allowing gay marriage. Personally I haven't heard one single coherent argument against it, pretty soon most of the antis resort to religious nonsense that for me has no place in the modern world.

This is pretty good too, the reaction in the Kiwi Parliament when the result was announced;
Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill - Third Reading - Part 20 - YouTube

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Ooh, bitterest post of the day award contender.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Not bitter in the slightest, just suggesting there maybe more people against the redefining of marriage than the liberals think, and yes the politician was funny.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Once the result of the vote was read out, parliament burst into song. It's beautiful.

[yt]q9pOJ8Bc_-g[/yt]

That was nice. I am not in favour, though, of David Cameron and his crew of warbling their own rendition of a Lionel Ritchie classic and bringing Osborne to tears all over again when the win the vote to rehunt foxes and the homeless.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Excellent, amusing and moving at the same time. It's a matter of a small time before this happens here, one way or the other, so you'd better get used to it, topbanana. Like the guy said, nothing will change in your life as a result.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Excellent, amusing and moving at the same time. It's a matter of a small time before this happens here, one way or the other, so you'd better get used to it, topbanana. Like the guy said, nothing will change in your life as a result.

Unless of course I'm a marriage celebrant. Still think the politician was funny.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here