Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do today's substitutions tell us about Vicente?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus alluded to Bruno & KLL needing 20 minutes, and sure Gus' hand was forced with Tommy K.

But if ever there was Vicente time it was today, but no sign of him.

Is that telling or not?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't think so....I think if pig had not have been injured he would have got on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing really to tell at all as the issue was subbing the keeper that rarely happens so in effect we lost a tactical option - not that it really matters when you play as well as we did today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No. Bruno needed some game time after returning from injury and Buckley needed a rest. No point in risking Vicente, same with Ulloa today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus alluded to Bruno & KLL needing 20 minutes, and sure Gus' hand was forced with Tommy K.

But if ever there was Vicente time it was today, but no sign of him.

Is that telling or not?

No we didn't need him today and his appearance wasn't as necessary as giving Bruno and Lua Lua 20 mins game time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nothing whatsoever.

If there was a plan to bring him on, Kuszczak's injury threw it out of the window.

No idea why people insist on trying to see things which aren't there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No. Bruno needed some game time after returning from injury and Buckley needed a rest. No point in risking Vicente, same with Ulloa today.

Correct!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, not even considered anything else. If PIG hadn't of gone off, I am sure Vicente would have got 20 minutes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing whatsoever.

If there was a plan to bring him on, Kuszczak's injury threw it out of the window.

No idea why people insist on trying to see things which aren't there.

Sure PiG may well have altered Gus' thinking, but Buckley off, Dave out wide, Vicente through the middle.

Also spot the man who really really wanted to see Vicente, in the sunshine, tearing into an already defeated Blackpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah we really needed his skill and ability to change games and create goals today.
We didn't but I guess he might have needed too.

Plus there may well come a time when he has to come on and change a game.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
There was no reason to bring him on and risk him getting another injury. He's played recently, Bruno hasn't and bringing him on also meant Bridge could be rested. Lua Lua for Buckley was an obvious move - they've both been injured and by swapping them they got valuable (and very profitable) game time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He had to experience the nightmare that is getting out of Bennetts Field today. Autograph hunters were pleased tho!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Vicente will only come on in certain circumstances.

If the game is won (as it was today) or lost (say, as it was v West Ham away last season) we won't risk injuring him.
If the game is scrappy or rough, we won't risk injuring him.

If the game is being played fairly, and we need his skill, he will come on.

All it meant today was that he wasn't going to be risked on a game we had already won. This is the sort of game you want youth players on the bench for, so the can get experience in the first team without risking too much, but I don't think many would have predicted that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And you were wronger than... a very wrong thing
No I was typically wrong.

I have no idea why I bet, I'm always hopelessly wrong but desperately close.

Although my recent habit of putting a pound on Palace winning is working out nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here