Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we are sure in the play offs do we rest players against wolves ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No, because we'll be playing for league position.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It might be a very good idea in my view but isn't there a rule about this and how many fringe players you play if Wolves need something from the game ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH we have enough non-fringe players who need a game, before the token 'charity' team gets a look in.

El Abd
Bruno
Dicker
Crofts
KLL
Vicente
Barnes

+ The obvious one I always forget.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not if we want to get 3rd or 4th so we get the home leg at the Amex the 2nd leg

Are there any proven statistics on this down the years, because for my money, if you can do the damage at home in the first game (rather than have the damage done to you by the home team whose ground you're at in the first game) and then shut up shop in the second game it really doesn't matter does it? There are no guarantees in football, but I'm not sure second leg home advantage is all it's made out to be......then again I could be wrong.....

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Are there any proven statistics on this down the years, because for my money, if you can do the damage at home in the first game (rather than have the damage done to you by the home team whose ground you're at in the first game) and then shut up shop in the second game it really doesn't matter does it? There are no guarantees in football, but I'm not sure second leg home advantage is all it's made out to be......then again I could be wrong.....

You get more money finishing higher as well. Probably negligible but I doubt we'll rest many players unless our league position cannot change.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only if we have 4th spot secured which is very unlikely...

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

Brez
Bruno
Dunk
El Abd
maksimenko

Buckers
Crofts
Dicker
JFC
March

Ulloa

PIG, Upson, Bridge, Vicente, Bridders, Spanish Dave, Barnes.

All depends if we 100% going to finish 4th or 5th

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
would make sense

what's the situation with bookings & suspensions?

wouldn't want any needless injuries either

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't have any stats to back this up, but it always seems the games where one team has a lighter schedule and it's spun as if they are fresher, but then they tend to lose.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
TBH we have enough non-fringe players who need a game, before the token 'charity' team gets a look in.

El Abd
Bruno
Dicker
Crofts
KLL
Vicente
Barnes

+ The obvious one I always forget.

ole ole ole, Harley, Harley...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And it would be nice to beat Wolves convincingly to send them down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The thing is, we do better at home when the other team come at us. If we lose by a goal at their place, and then the other team park the bus at ours (and counter attack), it could be quite tricky. It's probably more important to go into the playoffs in good form, full of confidence.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Yes defo give as many regulars as poss a rest! Add Dunk, JFK, Dicker etc to 18 on duty today and I'd expect our second 11 to beat Wolves!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here