Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7th at worst for us now...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
After today's fantastic result, only 3 teams can catch us. Great effort. Now the final push!

:clap2:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yup and one of those teams could be Leicester, who play on Friday night. If they fail to win, a point at Leeds will be enough to see us there.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
If Leicester fail to win we're assured a spot as forest and Leicester meet on the last game of the season. I think.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Leicester fail to win we're assured a spot as forest and Leicester meet on the last game of the season. I think.

Nah because if Leicester win at Forest then that would give them 69 points and a better goal difference. We'd still need a point (or Bolton failing to win)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah so if they lose we're there?
No, because both Bolton and Forest can still overtake us (and Palace obviously).

Regardless of results, only one of Forest/Leicester can overtake us. And Bolton can. If Bolton lose away to Cardiff, we're in (as that goal diff won't be overturned).
And if Bolton draw, a draw for us gets us in.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No, because both Bolton and Forest can still overtake us (and Palace obviously).

Regardless of results, only one of Forest/Leicester can overtake us. And Bolton can. If Bolton lose away to Cardiff, we're in (as that goal diff won't be overturned).

I love the computations and ramifications of this time of the season.

Having said that, I'll love it even more watching from a distance as we're safe in the Play-offs and Palace go up against Leicester for 6th.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

And if Bolton draw, a draw for us gets us in.
Got it, thanks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nah because if Leicester win at Forest then that would give them 69 points and a better goal difference. We'd still need a point (or Bolton failing to win)

Think today's results have leveled the Goal difference with Leicester.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We were 6th when we tonked Huddersfield 4-1 at the start of March. If someone told me we'd have won three of our next 10 matches I'd have been disappointed and would think we'd be waving goodbye to our play-off chances. And yet.... we are comfortably fourth. Amazing!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here