[Official Site] Barnes Looking to Future

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barnes-l229-783671_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:48 20th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Ashley Barnes says he has put his seven-game ban behind him after grabbing a brace against Blackpool.Albion’s striker put in an excellent performance as he helped the Seagulls to a terrific 6-1 victory over Paul Ince’s side.
And the forward was full of praise for his team-mates' efforts during his absence telling seagulls.co.uk, “It was brilliant to get the nod, be in the side and then to give that back in the game, but the lads have been doing fantastic in what they have been achieving.
“It has been very tough for me but that is forgotten now; I am back playing and need to get on with it. It was tough but I have done the time, I am back playing, and I just want to give something back to the lads and help how far they have come in the last seven games.
“But it is not about me it is about the lads that have got us here today and they have been fantastic.”
Leonardo Ulloa was rested as Barnes was restored to the starting line-up and the former Plymouth man hailed the Argentinean’s impact.
“Leo has been fantastic in what he has done since he got here; you cannot put it into words, it is phenomenal.
“But it was fantastic to play as the main man up front. You could see a few rusty touches I had but everyone has a bad touch now and then, that’s football, but lucky enough it went for me today."
The victory has helped cement Albion's play-off hopes but Barnes insists there is still work to be done.
“I wouldn’t count our chickens yet, we just need to keep going. We will get back into training Tuesday and work hard again.
“We just need to keep this run going now then that will be brilliant. We need to keep together and keep going for the wins."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here