Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Blackpool the worst team to have played at the Amex?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sure we played well, but Blackpool were woeful. I was expecting an organised performance from Inces men but they were a shambles! Their 'keeper didn't make a single save - everything went in. Surprising as I always thought Gilks was a useful 'keeper.

Blackpool looked totally reliant on Ince Junior and their midfield was non-existent. No work rate, no movement, no energy and no passion. Did somebody spike their drinks?

I've seen a lot of teams with far worse squads put up a much better fight. Blackpool just seemed to give up as soon as Buckley opened the scoring. Odd.

That being said we were relentless today and I always felt like this team could hand out a thrashing soon.

Struggling to think of a worse away team display at the Amex?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd say so. Disinterested fops with their one supposedly shining stropping for much of the non-contest. Most unpromising for the uninspiring Ince era.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
We played well they played poorly I assume their back line and keeper had a very bad day at the office I think they were the most poor of teams we have seen this season

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Come on we were so good going foward they couldnt cope with us and we snuffed out any of their attackswith a great defensive display too

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
They were poor and we were finally clinical. Thought their keeper made a few decent saves but was let down by some comedyfending at times. We've created much more chances in other games and not scored at either end :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think that their keeper could be blamed for any of the goals but their defence in general was non existent and they had no midfield to combat Hammond who was superb today and even scored a good goal for them, in the process.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Sure we played well, but Blackpool were woeful. I was expecting an organised performance from Inces men but they were a shambles! Their 'keeper didn't make a single save - everything went in. Surprising as I always thought Gilks was a useful 'keeper.

Blackpool looked totally reliant on Ince Junior and their midfield was non-existent. No work rate, no movement, no energy and no passion. Did somebody spike their drinks?

I've seen a lot of teams with far worse squads put up a much better fight. Blackpool just seemed to give up as soon as Buckley opened the scoring. Odd.

That being said we were relentless today and I always felt like this team could hand out a thrashing soon.

Struggling to think of a worse away team display at the Amex?

No,no they are not the boys played a stormer get over it

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Their goalie made a few saves (one on one from Barnes after he kicked it straight to him, one from Spanish Dave in the first half and a couple straight at him in the second). They were poor but we were outstanding today and I don't think you can take anything away from our performance.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I don't think that their keeper could be blamed for any of the goals but their defence in general was non existent and they had no midfield to combat Hammond who was superb today and even scored a good goal for them, in the process.

Hammond was superb and scored the best goal of the game should have got MOM:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They were no poorer than others but alas we did what we threatened to do all season and smashed a team to pieces

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Little Ince was terrible, showed absolutely no interest what so ever, when he lost the ball he just stopped running. Should have been taken off, but I guess daddy knows best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here