Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings- Blackpool (H)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuszczak-8- Made a couple of saves, hopefully his injury isn't too severe
Calderon-8- Great game, going forward and defensively
Greer-8.5- Really good today. A couple of misplaced passes but very solid
Upson-9-Great defender, and scored.
Bridge-8- Good game, looked a bit tired especially in the 2nd half so was pleased to see him rested
Bridcutt-9- As usual
Hammond-7.5- Fairly solid, but a weird own goal
Orlandi-9- Thought he was superb today, great passing and movement
Spanish Dave-9- Ran the game in midfield and grabbed yet another goal
Buckley-8.5- Back to his best today, what a goal!
Barnes-9- Two goals, great hold up play, two assists- would be hard to drop him on that performance

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Everyone - 9

I thought everyone had one or two moments that wasn't perfect (ie falling over, completely misplacing a pass, poor control) but other than that didn't put a foot wrong.

Barnes was my man of the match in a game where there were half a dozen candidates. His holdup and linkup play was excellent and took his goals very well. The only downside was not scoring when Gilks sliced it to him, but in the replay it looked like he took his eye of the ball to look across for Buckley as he controlled it

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Kuszczak- 8
Calderon- 8
Greer- 8
Upson- 10
Bridge- 9
Bridcutt- 8
Hammond- 8
Lopez- 9
Orlandi- 9
Buckley- 9
Barnes- 9

Subs-
Ankergren N/A
Bruno- 8
Lua Lua- 8

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kuszczak - 8
Calderon - 8
Greer - 7 - would have been an 8 but that was a daft booking
Upson - 8
Bridge -8
Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 8
Lopez-8
Orlandi - 8
Buckley-8
Barnes- 9

Subs
Ankergren 7
Bruno - 7
Lua Lua - 8

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Kuszczak - 8 - Couple of good saves, controlled distribution and confidently took every cross thrown in. Shame to see him come off, hopefully back for Leeds.

Calderon - 8 - Good game, covered for Bridge comfortably after substitution, deserves the starting position over Bruno.

Greer - 9 - Solid throughout and even at the end of the game his commitment was complete as he chased an attack (and three 'Pool players) out of our half on his own.

Upson - 9 -Composed, calm, scored...sign him up, sign him up...

Bridge - 9 - Consistent, first half performance (and link-up with Orlandi) was a genuine joy to behold, what a class player.

Bridcutt - 8 - My favourite player but, without the bias glasses, saw a few more mis-steps than normal, possibly due to everyone else just storming it.

Hammond - 8 - Fantastic own goal and didn't stop moving, seemed to kick it up another gear after the OG, even though he was looking shattered.

Orlandi -9 MOTM - I can't remember a better performance, especially in the first half. I lost count of the flicks and touches that came off and I don't think I'll be forgetting his goal anytime soon.

Spanish Dave - 8 - Didn't impose himself on the game but didn't need to, was happily pulling strings the whole game.

Buckley - 8 - Started like a man on a mission and scored a 'wow' goal but seemed to tail off (tired after injury?) fairly quickly. Still, what a goal.

Barnes-9- Started and finished like a man on a mission, hard working, built up play all over the pitch and scored two good goals. Would've been MotM if wasn't for Orlandi.

Subs;

Ankergren - 7 - Solid, calm, did the job that was required.
Lualua - 7.5 - Towards the end of the game I'm sure it was a case of 'give Kaz the ball and take a breather'. Merrily kept 3 'Pool defenders busy in the corner numerous times.
Bruno - 7 - Good going forward, some nice passes.

Special mention;

The Seagull - 10 - I've never seen/heard a seagull cheered like that before, even weirder was the almost perfect lap of the ground it performed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak -8- Conpletely solid with some great punches
Calderon -8- As usual, reliable and a threat going forward
Greer -8- Would have been more if not for being the only player to not show support to Hammond over the o.g screaming in rage at him instead
Upson -9- Quality
Bridge -8- Usual excellent self
Bridcutt -9- Unfathomably good
Hammond -8- Good performance and a bullet header
Orlandi -9- Getting better by the game
Spanish Dave -8- Went a bit quiet for 15 minutes or so but is just excellent
Buckley -8.5- Marauding best
Barnes -9- MOM Absolutely first class today

Subs:
Ankergren -7.5- Very little to do but played solidly
Lua Lua -8.5- Superb running and a great cross for Barnes
Bruno -7- Good to see him back

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Hammond was the weak link today so I would only give him 7/10 that is how good the performance was!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Kuzsczak - 7

Calderon - 8
Greer - 7
Upson - 8
Bridge - 7

Bridcutt - 8
Hammond - 8 (I thought he was brilliant today AGAIN, and would have given a 9 if not for the poor OG header)
Lopez - 8

Buckley - 8
Barnes - 8
Orlandi - 9 (MOM)

Ankegren - 6
Bruno - 7
Lua Lua - 7

Special mention;

The Seagull - 10 - I've never seen/heard a seagull cheered like that before, even weirder was the almost perfect lap of the ground it performed.

Maybe it's the great great great great great great great great great great great grandchick of the Seagull that flew over Anfield in 1983 - when that arrived we knew it was going to be our day

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak - 8
Calderon - 8
Bridge - 8
Greer - 8
Upson - 9
Hammond - 8
Bridcutt - 8
Buckley - 8
Orlandi - 8
Lopez- 9
Barnes - 9 - MoM

Casper - 7
Bruno - 7
KLL - 7

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
kuszsack 8 - not much to do, but one superb save and generally very solid. Hope he is ok.
Bridge 8 - it amazes me how quick he is!
Greer 8 - very solid
Upson 8.5 - turning into a very key player, and he scored!
Calde 8 - solid
Bridcutt 8.5 - ran the midfield. He is so good.
hammond 7.5 - solid, apart from the hilarious own goal
Spanish dave 8.5 - i love that man. He is my favorite
Orlandi 9 - MOM for me. Great goal and some fabulous passing and crossing all done with a flash of spanish flair and skill :clap2:
Barnes 9 - great game. That first goal was a brilliant finish.
Buckley 8 - our best player in the first half IMO, but faded a little in the second. His goal was sublime

Subs:
Kaz 8 - thought he was really good when he came on. Really fought down that flank and got a great assist for barnsey'sfirst.
Bruno 7 - great to see him back
Casper - N/A

Poyet 10 - a bold selection, but my god, did it work! Good to give ulloa a rest as well.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak - 7.5. A fine save to deny Phillips (I think) to prevent it from going 4-2, but nothing else to do. Hopefully he'll be alright for Saturday.

Calderon - 8. Excellent passing as usual and slotted in seemlessly at left-back.
Greer - 8. Quality today. Blackpool really gave him loads of room to drive forwards and pick out some passes.
Upson - 8.5. Solid defending as ever, he deserved that goal too! Also won me a few quid with a little E/W on him being first scorer :thumbsup:
Bridge - 8.5. Magic. Did Blackpool have anyone on the right defending against him?

Bridcutt - 9. My word he was something special today.
Hammond - 7.5. Good shift from Hammond, excellent finish too :lolol:
Lopez - 9. Definitely challenged for MOTM, sublime assist for Orlandi's goal and yet another goal for himself! Buy of the season easily.
Orlandi - 9. Ran Blackpool ragged today. Sexy finish, nice crosses, what more do you want?
Buckley - 8. I think that ball turned him into a superhero when it smacked him in the head! Superb goal.

Barnes - 9. MOTM. Unbelievable hold-up play, kept his cool and 2 great poacher's finishes.

----------

Ankergren - n/a. Did he even touch the ball with his hands? :lolol:
Bruno - 7.5 I found it hilarious how his first move was sprinting up to right wing. Some silky passing too.
Lualua - 8. Did well to keep the siege going, turned the defenders (and himself) inside out a few times and a good cross to Barnes.

Gus - 10. :bowdown: :love:

SIX GOOGLING ONE.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 8 - commanded on crosses, no hope with the goal
Calderon 8 - versatile
Greer 8 - dominant
Upson 8.5 - dominant and a goal
Bridge 8
Orlandi 9 - scored one well taken goal, assisted another, was involved in a third
David Lopez 8.5 - scored one, assisted another, could have scored a second but hesitated, won't hold it against him
Bridcutt 8.5
Hammond 8 - some untidy moments, and an own goal, but also provided an assist (even though ssn continue to confuse him with calderon, except when he scores an own goal)
Barnes 9 - Scored 2, showed good first touch, strength, vision, picked out buckley for the first, selflessly played across to buckley to set up David Lopez deserved man of the match, but I would agree that others would also deserve it
Buckley 8.5 - Great finish for the first, showing confidence that has been missing in recent appearances and perhaps a little later. Set up David Lopez

Ankergren 7.5 - not a lot to do, but alert and able to shift weight to stop a second own goal late on. Would have been8 with more time on the pitch.
Bruno 7.5 - showed hunger to get forward and desire. Would have been 8 with more time on the pitch
Lualua 8 - one of his more threatening performances, assist for the fifth goal.

I agree with the other poster about all the players having a little bit of a wobble. I think it would b harsh to criticise Barnes for the first half chance, since the ball was looping and before it settled the keeper was on him and made a good stop. Lopez had a chance late on but seemed to want to move the ball to the perfect spot to shoot from, giving blackpool a chance to settle in and defend it, but we had already won the game at that point.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
That was the sort of performance I have been waiting for it was a pleasure to watch and I will not single out individuals due to the overall team effort, I cannot remember the last time I saw a Brighton team put in a performance that good it was a privilege to be at the Amex today.
The other teams in the play offs will be googling themselves after that performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here