Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince faces selection decision [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ince faces selection decision[/h]11:30am Saturday 20th April 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2416863.jpg
Tom Ince could be a threat to Albion today
Blackpool boss Paul Ince fears his side might be leg weary at The Amex.
Ince would love to give an unchanged side the chance to enjoy Albion’s good pitch after battling through mud and sand on an awful surface at Bloomfield Road.
But he was checking for fatigue in the run-up to the game.
Ince told player.blackpoolfc.co.uk: “Sometimes it's a case of, if it ain’t broken then don't fix it.
"But we've played two games in four days on a bad pitch.
"We couldn't train much on Thursday because the lads were stiff, so I had to re look at it yesterday.
"I don't really want to change too much as the lads have done so well.
"I don't want to change any of the back five, that's for sure."
"Hopefully they are looking forward to playing on a good pitch, and you'll see our passing game.”
Ince has tightened things up for Blackpool after pairing Chris Basham and Barry Ferguson as defensive midfielder in a 4-2-1-3 set-up.
His son Tom, on the right, and left-sided Matt Phillips will offer attacking width.
Nathan Delfouneso has been starting at centre-forward of late but Gary Taylor-Fletcher could replace him after coming back from injury.
But it will all be done off a solid base.
Ince senior said: “I’ve played in a lot of very good sides and our emphasis was always on keeping clean sheets.
“We’ve been great at that since I’ve come in and we always know we will get a chance with the likes Thomas and Matty and Fonzy (Delfouneso).”
Blackpool are probably safe already but feel they need a point to make sure.
For a full scouting*report, match info, stats and focus on Paul Ince's on-pitch Guv'nors,*see our five-page match preview in The Argus today.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here