[Official Site] Bridcutt Fuelled by Pressure

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bridcutt-f229-782347_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
09:41 20th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Scottish international Liam Bridcutt says he is enjoying the growing intensity of the play-off fight.Albion can take a huge step towards a top-six finish with victory over Blackpool at the Amex today, and the midfielder admits this is a scenario all footballers dream of.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “With the game against Blackpool we could go a long way to clinching a play-off position, which we are all desperate to do as early as possible. All the boys know how much pressure will be on us but as a footballer you want that type of pressure.
“You want to be in these situations in your career where you can make the play-offs and better yourself, your life and your career. Everyone knows what we have to do.
“Every game is a key game for us and we are that one step closer. If we just keep doing what we have been by keeping clean sheets and trying to win games, then we have a great opportunity to make the play-offs and do well in them.”
Bridcutt has been continuing his excellent form of late in his holding midfield role, a position he confesses takes a lot of self* control to play in.
“The role I have been given by Gus (Poyet) is to be disciplined - you have to be in that position. Once you lose that then that is not the role for you.
“I can play further forward and Gus knows that but he sees me as a defensive midfielder and that being the best role for me.
“If you look at the Palace game we kept a clean sheet against them and they have a strong front three, but we know Blackpool are tough with good players and we are up for the challenge.
“In my role you look at players like Thomas Ince and you know they can hurt teams but it is about finding a way to stop him and keeping him quiet.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here